New Used CN Units

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Re: New Used CN Units

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

Yes, we know. That picture was posted here on May 22. Look 5 posts above yours...

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Robertrains »

Mr. Tops wrote:Yes, we know. That picture was posted here on May 22. Look 5 posts above yours...
I know it was posted, I was just displaying that photo instead of the pic only posted as a link (which I did miss over these last few weeks). I figured it has been seen but it is possible to miss seeing it (such as in my case). No big deal though!

I sure hope to see these awesome locos someday!

(I did mention in my post that MSchwiebert posted the link, it's all covered now for sure)

Robert Jackson
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

The new units are starting to hit the road. CN 2125 was the trailing unit on Train 314 into Toronto.

CharlieX90
Back from "Vacation"

Unread post by CharlieX90 »

I have heard a rumor that they are all going to Canada..Is this true?

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Odd numbered BNSF 800 series, C40-8W's are in Ca. with BNSF painted out and CN spray painted on the side with 2100 series numbers
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

sd70accsxt700 wrote:Odd numbered BNSF 800 series, C40-8W's are in Ca. with BNSF painted out and CN spray painted on the side with 2100 series numbers
More info on TO:

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/r ... ?1,2235522
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Here is a photo. They are on the H-BARTUL.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/r ... ?1,2237308

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Ok... seriously? This is the WORST thing that has happened to the REAL Santa Fe Units since the merger! Sometimes I wonder what goes through the Motive Power peoples heads! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

TrainWatcher wrote:Image

Ok... seriously? This is the WORST thing that has happened to the REAL Santa Fe Units since the merger! Sometimes I wonder what goes through the Motive Power peoples heads! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I've said this to you and others before and I guess I'll have to say it again: they just don't care. It's not about looks, it's about getting things done quickly and efficiently. The objective is to get these units from point A to point B as fast as possible so they can get repainted and put back out on the road for their new owner. Crying or being mad about it isn't going to do anything, it's a fact of the railroad world.
Bottom text.

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

Not to worry, they will be repainted soon enough. DId you think BNSF was going to fully repaint them for CN?

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Buster Manning »

Sometimes ugly is a good thing--definately unique..

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Just confirmed it by the many photos showing up, but the C40-8's do not have DPU installed.

SD40-2
Canada Eh!

Unread post by SD40-2 »

Reports have two of the repainted C40-8's (cant remember the numbers) in a deadline already.

canpac08
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by canpac08 »

Y@ wrote:
TrainWatcher wrote:Image

I've said this to you and others before and I guess I'll have to say it again: they just don't care. It's not about looks, it's about getting things done quickly and efficiently. The objective is to get these units from point A to point B as fast as possible so they can get repainted and put back out on the road for their new owner. Crying or being mad about it isn't going to do anything, it's a fact of the railroad world.
y@'S close they do want to get the locomotives from point A to point B but even after that if the CN leaves them in BNSF paint for awhile so be it. they bought the engines to move freight, regardless if they wore warbonnet, or any of the heritage paint schemes. All locomotives could be painted pink with green spots, but as long as they pull its all that matters. Who forgot when locomotives got dispatched from the builders in primer gray, or that CP/Soo still has bandits and Soo Line locomotives still running around and that CSX had an engine in C&O colors til only a year or two ago. Now I love to seen un-patched locomotives almost as much as the next guy, but its more about pulling power then looks
He who wanders with purpose, has no purpose to wander

GTWChris
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWChris »

I posted this in the "CN Train Location" updates as well but I will bring this thread back as well. The C40-8Ws have started to enter service. There is currently only one or two running around. Also there are only a few C40-8s waiting to get painted so almost all of the C40-8s purchased from UP are in service. It should not be long before the C40-8Ws start to become more common as more of them get painted. CN 2141 was the first C40-8W to enter service, I got this unit trailing on 251 today:
CN 2141 by GTWHolly, on Flickr

ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ns8401 »

CN has picked up at least 10 more C40-8W's from BNSF.
Celebrating Over 3800 Posts in HD
This updated Signature Brought To YOU By The One The Only MQT3001!
NS8401, Online, At Trackside And On Your Side