Conrail Historical Society Rail-BQ July 9th Elkhart, IN

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Conrail Historical Society Rail-BQ July 9th Elkhart, IN

Unread post by conrailman75 »

Hi guys, I'm Chris Howe with the Conrail Historical Society and I'm new on here. The CRHS is hosting an event this summer in Elkhart, IN that we call a Rail-BQ. This is an event where we sit around, watch trains, eat food, and socialize and its FREE to attend! Before I post the details from our website, I just want to say that signing up is very easy. Go to our website, http://www.theCRHS.org and click on the link for Elkhart RBQ. Then fill out the simple form located below the event description and click submit and you're done! Now here are the event details straight off our website:

The inaugural Elkhart RBQ is Saturday July 9th from 9am to 9pm at the National New York Central Museum in Elkhart, IN. This is the CRHS' first ever society event in the state of Indiana and it will be sure to please! The NYC museum sits along the south side of the tracks across from the Amtrak station at the east end of NS' busy ex CR Elkhart yard. This line sees upwards to 140 trains a day traverse through here, including trains from the shortline Grand Elk Railroad, so the action will definitely not disappoint. The museum has quite a few ex CR pieces in its collection, including a couple ex MDT flatcars, some old MOW cars, and a couple of Conrail cabooses, a bay window caboose and a transfer caboose along with the usual ex NYC goodies, including one of only two preserved NYC steam engines in the country, the 3001! The Conrail Shoppe will be on site as well in case you'd like to take some society merchandise home with you.

The cost to attend this is FREE and you do not have to be a member to attend(although joining us is highly encouraged). Since this is a museum that is open to the general public and one that charges admission to enter, it is very important that you RSVP your intentions of attending. We will be providing wrist bands to all attendees and require that you wear them at all times while at the RBQ so that the museum doesn't try to charge you admission. It is also highly advised to bring chairs with you if you have one since the museum only has a few picnic tables facing the tracks to sit at on their property. There will be free food and refreshments provided during the day and tentatively there is a slide show scheduled to wrap up the evening by a local presenter.
Hope to see you there!
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Proto48Patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Conrail Historical Society Rail-BQ July 9th Elkhart, IN

Unread post by Proto48Patrick »

see you in Hellkart Chowe. Bringin my boy for his 3rd Birthday! :)
Patrick Welch

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Proto48Patrick wrote:see you in Hellkart Chowe. Bringin my boy for his 3rd Birthday! :)
P-Welch what's up? Be sure you RSVP on the website so that I can add you to the list, we have 8 attendees so far, including myself.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Proto48Patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Proto48Patrick »

will do
Patrick Welch

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Just a reminder that this event is only a month away! Head over to the CRHS website, www.theCRHS.org and click on the link on the homepage for Elkhart RBQ and RSVP your attendance to this great event. Hope to see you there!
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

CRHS Elkhart Rail BQ only two weeks away!

Just a reminder that the Conrail Historical Society Elkhart Rail-BQ is only two weeks away on Saturday July 9th from 9am to 9pm. Be sure to head on over to our website, www.theCRHS.org, and click on the link for Elkhart RBQ and RSVP your attendance to this great event. Hope to see you there!
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CRHS Elkhart Rail-BQ is only a week away!

Reminder that the Conrail Historical Society's Elkhart, IN Rail-BQ is only a week away on Saturday July 9th from 9am to 9pm!!! If you want to attend, be sure to head on over to the CRHS website, www.theCRHS.org and click on the link on the homepage for the Elkhart RBQ, then fill out the simple RSVP form and you're done. Hope to see you there for this great event!
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

CRHS Elkhart RBQ only two days away!

My how time flies, its only two days until the Conrail Historical Society Elkhart, IN Rail-BQ this Saturday, July 9th, from 9am to 9pm. Please remember to visit the CRHS website, www.theCRHS.org and RSVP your attendance to this great event. For those that aren't sure if they can make it or not, you can still come and hang out with us, just come visit us at the white CRHS Shoppe tent that will be set up that day to get your wristband to avoid the museum trying to charge you admission. Hope to see you there!
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

Hope all goes well at the Rail-BQ! I'll be paying my respects to CR this weekend in Altoona, Cresson, Pittsburgh and lots of places inbetween including "The Curve" :)
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

CRHS Elkhart RBQ is tomorrow!!!!

My last reminder guys, the Conrail Historical Society Rail-BQ is tomorrow from 9am to 9pm at the National New York Central museum. Walk ups the day of the event are welcome, just come visit the white CRHS tent to get a wristband from us so the museum doesn't charge you admission. For all of you who have RSVP'd, thank you and I look forward to meeting you tomorrow.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH