MMRR Z627 Log

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Re: MMRR Z627 Log

Unread post by SD80MAC »

AARR wrote:Thanks for the very detailed correctons Mr Tops! I love your attention to detail!

One more question...you menioned 3885 is a 38-2. I don't recall that unit assigned to MS. Is it always assigned to MS or a loaner?
3885 was sent up from the CF&E over a year ago.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

AARR wrote:Thanks for the very detailed correctons Mr Tops! I love your attention to detail!

One more question...you menioned 3885 is a 38-2. I don't recall that unit assigned to MS. Is it always assigned to MS or a loaner?
Thanks Don. Glad you appreciate it. :) Your attention to detail must be lacking, Don...I always list the power and 3885 has been in several of the reports :P :lol:

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Mr. Tops wrote:Thanks Don. Glad you appreciate it. :) Your attention to detail must be lacking, Don...I always list the power and 3885 has been in several of the reports :P :lol:
As the years pass on and my memory wains you are witnessing me transend from an "old fart in training" to just "an old fart" :oops:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Hugh
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Hugh »

It was great to see a 60 car North bound this morning going through Grand Haven.

Hugh
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Hugh »

This morning I observed the biggest North bound count yet, 109 cars through Grand Haven.

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Hugh wrote:This morning I observed the biggest North bound count yet, 109 cars through Grand Haven.
Per the pops, they didn't make it up Strawberry Hill at Airline Road. I guess its time to get those Kiamichi's running...

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Mr. Tops wrote:
Hugh wrote:This morning I observed the biggest North bound count yet, 109 cars through Grand Haven.
Per the pops, they didn't make it up Strawberry Hill at Airline Road. I guess its time to get those Kiamichi's running...
109 cars? Is there a list of the consist? Did they not run a train for several days?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

csx801
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by csx801 »

z627 southbound through Grand Haven at 11:30 tonight. Lead loco was CF&E 3885 trailing loco was GRE 3839 they had good 30 car consist with them, mostly sandies.

csx801
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by csx801 »

A late Z627 went north through Grand haven around 7:30 this morning. MMRR 3836 was the only unit puling 31 cars. It went dead just south of Sternburg at 7:45. the 12:00 crew brought them the rest of the way to the yard.

csx801
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by csx801 »

Here is yesterdays Northbound Z627 in spring lake

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

How has traffic been to Fremont lately?

csx801
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by csx801 »

Last I checked they were getting a few cars a week but nothing too extreme. I think they have been running on weekends up to Fremont

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

csx801 wrote:Last I checked they were getting a few cars a week but nothing too extreme. I think they have been running on weekends up to Fremont
That is not much. Someone posted an article a year ago or so about the co-op increasing rail shipments from 500 to 850 cars per year. That is an average of 10 to 17 per week. Every update I have ever read about traffic to Fremont is well under those kind of numbers. 2-3 a week seems to be closer to reality.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

AARR wrote:
csx801 wrote:Last I checked they were getting a few cars a week but nothing too extreme. I think they have been running on weekends up to Fremont
That is not much. Someone posted an article a year ago or so about the co-op increasing rail shipments from 500 to 850 cars per year. That is an average of 10 to 17 per week. Every update I have ever read about traffic to Fremont is well under those kind of numbers. 2-3 a week seems to be closer to reality.
Ok Don, you can stop quoting that article, because clearly they were wrong. :)
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Conrail Jon wrote:Ok Don, you can stop quoting that article, because clearly they were wrong. :)
Or you could lie to me and say you saw them taking 65 car unit trains every week from September to December :lol:

Hugh
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Hugh »

What street was the vidio shot at?

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Hugh wrote:What street was the vidio shot at?
Looks like VanWagoner.

csx801
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by csx801 »

You would be correct, it was taken at VanWagoner

csx801
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by csx801 »

Here is last nights Z627 in Grand Haven. had a good consist but i never got a solid car count...

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

csx801 wrote:Here is last nights Z627 in Grand Haven. had a good consist but i never got a solid car count...
I could not get a car count either because it is too dark for my old eyes