Stop The Horn...

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
DT&I
Commodore Perry

Stop The Horn...

Unread post by DT&I »

Some people are too stupid to see that they are for safety...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnHr-FJZ ... e=youtu.be
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Stop The Horn...

Unread post by AARR »

How did all those people growing up near tracks survive the dangers of the horn :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

How did all those people growing up near tracks survive the dangers of the horn :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Only one word to describe some people in the world: Idiots.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Huelsy'sTrainBlog
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Huelsy'sTrainBlog »

They will be the first to female dog when someone gets hit in a quiet zone.....

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Huelsy'sTrainBlog wrote:They will be the first to female dog when someone gets hit in a quiet zone.....
They are making themsleves look like idiots, THE HORN IS FOR SAFETY!!!!!!!!

Huelsy'sTrainBlog
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Huelsy'sTrainBlog »

Exactly! I live two blocks off the Toledo Sub and have for almost 4 years total and have had no such issues as they claim.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Huelsy'sTrainBlog wrote:Exactly! I live two blocks off the Toledo Sub and have for almost 4 years total and have had no such issues as they claim.
Lol I live to bocks off the Toledo Sub as well and I've never had hearing problms, ADD, or other stuff they talk about. My mother lived 50 ft. from the NS Fostoria District when she had me an I don't have birth defects?

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

DT&I wrote:
Huelsy'sTrainBlog wrote:Exactly! I live two blocks off the Toledo Sub and have for almost 4 years total and have had no such issues as they claim.
Lol I live to bocks off the Toledo Sub as well and I've never had hearing problms, ADD, or other stuff they talk about. My mother lived 50 ft. from the NS Fostoria District when she had me an I don't have birth defects?
Maybe those things will happen if you get doses of 100 decibel+ noise for several non-stop hours nearly everyday, but a minute or two per day below 50 aint gonna do anything. Even the folks in Chesterton don't get more than a dozen minutes per day, and most if not all of it is quiter than most people have their Ipods in their ear

GET A LIFE PEOPLE!

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

:lol:
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

AC60CW
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AC60CW »

I think he might have something that could possibly work, like finding alternative crossing mechanisms that would reduce the need for the horns and still provide a safer means to stop traffic. BUT...He is going about trying to promote his cause in a completely ignorant way. He is blinding throwing stuff out to the public to try to get sympathy signatures from uniformed people, but attaching all of the supposed harmful effects. I would like to see the studies that have shown all of the things he is claiming loud sounds cause.
Avatar image use with permission of Elmo Bass http://elmo.rrpicturearchives.net/

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

ypsi---CAN YOU HEAR ME?!?!?

Lazy dude on the horn there :roll:

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

MQT3001 wrote:ypsi---CAN YOU HEAR ME?!?!?

No the horn was stuck... I heard it From 5 miles away! :shock:

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:ypsi---CAN YOU HEAR ME?!?!?

No the horn was stuck... I heard it From 5 miles away! :shock:
Where you going: WTF? is someone playing with me?!?!?!? :shock: :lol:

GP9R
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GP9R »

If you go all the way back in the comments you'll see I got the first comment :D

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

MQT3001 wrote: Where you going: WTF? is someone playing with me?!?!?!? :shock: :lol:
no i was like lol the horn is stuck! :lol:

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

AC60CW wrote:I think he might have something that could possibly work, like finding alternative crossing mechanisms that would reduce the need for the horns and still provide a safer means to stop traffic. BUT...He is going about trying to promote his cause in a completely ignorant way. He is blinding throwing stuff out to the public to try to get sympathy signatures from uniformed people, but attaching all of the supposed harmful effects. I would like to see the studies that have shown all of the things he is claiming loud sounds cause.

I was in DeKalb, IL recently, and the trains don't blow their horns through there. There are horns that blow at the crossing, and aren't as loud as the train horns. At each crossing, there are also flashing X's that show the trains crews where the crossings are.
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

GP9R
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GP9R »

Jochs wrote:
AC60CW wrote:I think he might have something that could possibly work, like finding alternative crossing mechanisms that would reduce the need for the horns and still provide a safer means to stop traffic. BUT...He is going about trying to promote his cause in a completely ignorant way. He is blinding throwing stuff out to the public to try to get sympathy signatures from uniformed people, but attaching all of the supposed harmful effects. I would like to see the studies that have shown all of the things he is claiming loud sounds cause.

I was in DeKalb, IL recently, and the trains don't blow their horns through there. There are horns that blow at the crossing, and aren't as loud as the train horns. At each crossing, there are also flashing X's that show the trains crews where the crossings are.
I think the flashing X indicates the crossing is working properly. If the X isn't flashing or is simply absent, they are supposed to sound the horn

wagnew0923
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by wagnew0923 »

I was watching a 48 hrs once about train crossing accidents and one guy said RR should have gates that go down across the whole street. The CSX guy responded that "we have bells, whistles, and flashing lights. At what point do we just say the driver needs be responsible. . Then I was thinking about all the times that crossings malfunction. If the gate went across all the way how would cars be able to bypass the malfunction. This conversation got me thinking then how would cars know if it is a malfunction... Well the horn. All of this extra stuff fails but I never have heard of the horn failing. Besides since I moved from Wyandotte a year ago I still have trouble sleeping without the train horn

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

wagnew0923 wrote:I was watching a 48 hrs once about train crossing accidents and one guy said RR should have gates that go down across the whole street. The CSX guy responded that "we have bells, whistles, and flashing lights. At what point do we just say the driver needs be responsible. . Then I was thinking about all the times that crossings malfunction. If the gate went across all the way how would cars be able to bypass the malfunction. This conversation got me thinking then how would cars know if it is a malfunction... Well the horn. All of this extra stuff fails but I never have heard of the horn failing. Besides since I moved from Wyandotte a year ago I still have trouble sleeping without the train horn
This is what pylon systems like the ones on Denton road in canto are great for. They can break away if the gates malfunctioning for Emergency crews, they are also cheaper then quad Gates