NKP 765 Official Schedule, News Briefs

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
AC60CW
Railroadfan...fan

Re: NKP 765 Official Schedule, News Briefs

Unread post by AC60CW »

Sweet, I can grab some Long John Silvers while I am down by the Andersons...lol
Avatar image use with permission of Elmo Bass http://elmo.rrpicturearchives.net/

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Robertrains »

AC60CW wrote:Sweet, I can grab some Long John Silvers while I am down by the Andersons...lol

:D Yes Long John Silver's is the "Best Fish In The World!" :D I discovered this in the late 80's when I started watching trains! I used to wait for LJS to open at 10 a.m. to have some Fish! At one time they had "Boat-a-Fish" which was smaller Fish, and delicious!

OK, enough about FIZH—now back to 765! That's too bad 765 won't pass the Amtrak station! However, it's still a very interesting route! Would any of this be considered "Mainline Trackage" now?
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/

iKJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by iKJames »

Robertrains wrote:Would any of this be considered "Mainline Trackage" now?
As far as I've heard, it's only the part for going over the bridge and around there, until they go north or south off of there.

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

iKJames wrote:
Robertrains wrote:Would any of this be considered "Mainline Trackage" now?

As far as I've heard, it's only the part for going over the bridge and around there, until they go north or south off of there.

That's what I was thinking! It will no longer pass the Amtrak station! Miami Street is a good place to view from the bridge (it turns into Front Street)!

iKJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by iKJames »

Robertrains wrote: That's what I was thinking! It will no longer pass the Amtrak station! Miami Street is a good place to view from the bridge (it turns into Front Street)!
It's too bad it won't pass the Amtrak Station anymore, since that could of been a really iconic shot. The new route does have an advantage where it's longer then before.

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

Another cool shot would be of it going over the "animal bridge" by the zoo, from the zoo's walkway across the the Anthony Wayne trail, if you don't mind paying to park and get in the zoo to do it :D

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

MSchwiebert wrote:Another cool shot would be of it going over the "animal bridge" by the zoo, from the zoo's walkway across the the Anthony Wayne trail, if you don't mind paying to park and get in the zoo to do it :D
$14 + $6 parking ($2 discount for Lucas County residents) plus it somewhat 'traps' you in there, but I have a membership so... :wink:

EDIT: I just went and 'scouted' it at lunch today - boy those trees have really grown up more than I remembered! There's still the bridge shot (with trees off each end which you can also do from the ground) but running along the fill is mostly view-blocked these days. Gotta think about what I may do.
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

AC60CW
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AC60CW »

Couple spots I have looked at on Google maps:
1.Back fence row at Gateway Middle School on Cass Rd right next to the track. Not sure how high the fence is though.
2. Maumee High School (similar to above)
3. Between the fence at Maumee High and the track there is some sort of access road. However it looks to be gated. So, not sure on trespassing issues there.
4. Across the tracks from that is the Rec Center. Not sure on access to the grounds or fence blockage.
5: Copeland Park at the end of Copeland off of Byrne.
Avatar image use with permission of Elmo Bass http://elmo.rrpicturearchives.net/

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

I had a good time "Chasing" the train! I know I took excellent pix; I'll upload some after developing/scanning! I knew where to catch it, instead of hurrying and "Leap-Frogging!" I was able to see it three times each direction! I used my DeLorme Atlas and following SR 25 worked well! I even ate Long John Silver's® Fizh while watching 765! That was great having my favorite food (definitely) and good trains! :mrgreen: I'm happy—WHAT A GOOD BIRTHDAY!!!! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Robertrains on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CF&E East
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CF&E East »

Robertrains wrote:I had a good time "Chasing" the train! I know I took excellent pix; I'll upload some after developing/scanning! I knew where to catch it, instead of hurrying and "Leap-Frogging!" I was able to see it three times each direction! I used my DeLorme Atlas and following SR 25 worked well! I even ate Long John Silvers Fizh while watching 765! That was great having my favorite food (definitely) and good trains! :mrgreen: I'm happy—WHAT A GOOD BIRTHDAY!!!! :mrgreen:
Cool you got to have your cake, and eat it too! Happy belated birthday!

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

CF&E East wrote:
Robertrains wrote: I had a good time "Chasing" the train! I know I took excellent pix; I'll upload some after developing/scanning! I knew where to catch it, instead of hurrying and "Leap-Frogging!" I was able to see it three times each direction! I used my DeLorme Atlas and following SR 25 worked well! I even ate Long John Silver's® Fizh while watching 765! That was great having my favorite food (definitely) and good trains! :mrgreen: I'm happy—WHAT A GOOD BIRTHDAY!!!! :mrgreen:

Cool you got to have your cake, and eat it too! Happy belated birthday!

THANX!!!! It all worked very well—Long John Silver's® was the "Icing" on the cake!
:D