E&LS - New Business

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

E&LS - New Business

Unread post by AARR »

Cement (who would have thunk it) and ore from a team track north of Channing on the Republic line. First business on this segment since before 1991.

http://members4.boardhost.com/OtherUPRR ... 48131.html
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

JANGAJONGA
Epic Fail B34 Master

Re: E&LS - New Business

Unread post by JANGAJONGA »

The post mentions that iron ore pellets will also be loaded there, where would those pellets be coming from?

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

JANGAJONGA wrote:The post mentions that iron ore pellets will also be loaded there, where would those pellets be coming from?
You still like trains?
Bottom text.

JANGAJONGA
Epic Fail B34 Master

Unread post by JANGAJONGA »

Y@ wrote:
JANGAJONGA wrote:The post mentions that iron ore pellets will also be loaded there, where would those pellets be coming from?
You still like trains?
lmao yeah man, I lurk more nowadays

Standard Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Standard Railfan »

Associated has set up contracts at a number of mining locations to reclaim pellets that were left behind in earlier storage and handling operations. I would guess that these pellets are being loaded at the former Republic mine and then reloaded for rail shipment to the end user.

As is typical for large companies, the mining management doesn't want to mess with the leftovers. Way too much work. So Associated steps in buys the stockpile remains and then loads them out.