ATCS GR CSX Questions

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
Kartracer
Railroadfan...fan

ATCS GR CSX Questions

Unread post by Kartracer »

I downloaded and installed the "Holland" data for this program and am wondering if I have done something wrong. There was no *.ini file, just a *.mcp and a *.lay file and a bunch of *.log files. When loaded, it gives me the message that "Waverly" can't be found. The program seems to work, but it is all numbers with no names. Has nobody added the MCP info for all of these points on this line?

Anyone else monitoring this area?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Steve

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: ATCS GR CSX Questions

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Kartracer wrote:I downloaded and installed the "Holland" data for this program and am wondering if I have done something wrong. There was no *.ini file, just a *.mcp and a *.lay file and a bunch of *.log files. When loaded, it gives me the message that "Waverly" can't be found. The program seems to work, but it is all numbers with no names. Has nobody added the MCP info for all of these points on this line?

Anyone else monitoring this area?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I think I remember seeing an ATCS file about Holland a while back. Unfortunately, the area around Holland doesn't have ATCS installed at the signals/crossings, so it can't work. Plus, even after it is, you need someone to put up an ATCS antenna to pull in and decode this information to go onto the ATCS map.
CSX is working to get that area done with ATCS, but not up yet.
We have ATCS signals and crossings here on the east side of Grand Rapids, but so far, no online scanners that are setup to decode this. I believe Mike that runs the ATCS feeds for Durand and other CN areas might do Grand Rapids if he gets the time/money/resources to do so.
Mike helped me get my Grand Rapids online scanner going, which you can listen to on this site: http://rraudio.sbmrail.com
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Kartracer
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Kartracer »

Alright, thanks Zach. I wonder what all of these readings I am getting are?

So I guess if I want to monitor anything, I will have to keep an eye on another area.

Yeah I had been trying out your online scanner. It works well.
Steve

mikerm19
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by mikerm19 »

I didn't know there was ATCS in this area. I might have to invest in a scanner in July for that.
Mike
http://www.mitrain.net Come see us!

lemscate
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by lemscate »

Au contraire, Zack. The SW and N switches of the Holland wye have ATCS. Nothing else around does, though. From what I can tell, the SE switch does not, which is why the 'Waverly' does not work on the Holland map. I've watched a West Olive coal train go through the two ATCS switches, and the map works great. Though I believe the only way to get the data is to use a scanner onsite, as there is no feed setup for it.

It sure would be nice for someone to make a layout and MCP file for GR..

Mike
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Mike »

if some one will host it live I will do the maps and host the feed....
Michael Kisser
RailStream, LLC.
http://www.railstream.biz

csxt4617
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by csxt4617 »

I know this is an old thread, but the reason the north and west switches of the wye have ATCS is the power switches/signals were added recently (last 5 years or so). I believe there already was a power switch on the east leg. This was to help the western coal trains get to the power plant from Chicago without tying up Holland while throwing manual throw switches :)