BNSF "Heritage" Hoppers/Cabeese

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
TrainWatcher
The Beast

BNSF "Heritage" Hoppers/Cabeese

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Surprised no one has mentioned the new BNSF "Heritage Hopper" or "Heritage Caboose" series they are coming out with. The hoppers are gray with their representative road logo on the side, while only the GN Caboose has popped up so far... quite interesting.

GN Hopper : Image

GN Caboose- courtesy G. Amer: Image

Frisco Hopper- courtesy- Nathan Z: Image

12Bridge
Railroadfan...fan

Re: BNSF "Heritage" Hoppers/Cabeese

Unread post by 12Bridge »

I am betting the Caboose was done by a shop for either something to do, moral booster or in recognition of something.

CF&E East
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CF&E East »

Cool that's the first pictures I have saw. I guess there's 9 different roads represented in the Hopper series...

I read somewhere else that there are going to be more BNSF Heritage Cabooses(as James pointed out, Heritage Caboose Series), so I don't think its relative to anything quite specific like that. Although if it was I'd enjoy hearing the story behind it.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

CF&E East wrote:Cool that's the first pictures I have saw. I guess there's 9 different roads represented in the Hopper series...

I read somewhere else that there are going to be more BNSF Heritage Cabooses(as James pointed out, Heritage Caboose Series), so I don't think its relative to anything quite specific like that. Although if it was I'd enjoy hearing the story behind it.
To quote some other theories, they want to basically be able to retain rights over the older schemes and roadnames.