CN Christmas Train 2013

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
bctrainfan
Railroadfan...fan

CN Christmas Train 2013

Unread post by bctrainfan »

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but does anyone have a schedule for the CN/GTW Santa train?

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CN Christmas Train 2013

Unread post by Robertrains »

Here it is, seen posted by Ron on the "Other" site: http://members4.boardhost.com/OtherMich ... 60641.html
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Also posted by Ron on another"other site":

~ Charles W.

bctrainfan
Railroadfan...fan

Thanks all! :D

Ohiorailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Ohiorailfan »

I plan on seeing this train this weekend. Will it be passing through Wyandotte, Michigan?

Thanks

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

I know almost everyone knows this, but to everyone else, please keep in mind that this train is for CN employees and their families only and not open to the public,
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

Thru Wyandotte twice. Once going SB to Flatrock and then back NB to Pontiac on the Shoreline Sub. SB move is your best bet for lighting. NB will be to dark.

GP9R
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GP9R »

Seems everyone knows about it except the people its intended for...

bnsfben
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bnsfben »

Are they using the IC E units again? Or will it be the CN E's?

Ohiorailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Ohiorailfan »

I just saw a post on facebook...it is IC 101 and a CN SD60

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

Has this ran lit up with Christmas lights at night?

bctrainfan
Railroadfan...fan

Went thru Battle Creek as part of a e/b freight about 3:30 AM this morning. IC 101 was the only E unit.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Yea, there has been photos confirming that IC 101 is the only one AND trailing. The other IC E unit pulled the Illinois trips solo.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFbFotOl-CU

Video by larry84988 on YouTube
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

TrainWatcher wrote:Yea, there has been photos confirming that IC 101 is the only one AND trailing. The other IC E unit pulled the Illinois trips solo.

:oops: I'll catch it at Pt. Huron tomorrow (12-14). They should have put an engine on each end─so the E-unit would look better!!!! They'll probably Wye the consist in Pt. Huron and it will be set up the same heading south! They could have done it "Push-pull" too! I will find out tomorrow and I'll photograph the train from the new bridge!!!!
:mrgreen:
:oops: I'll be happy to see an IC E-unit again! I last photographed this train back in 2010. Next year the consist will be all in the old CN colors! That will be great!!!! :mrgreen:

("Smileys are for Christmas colors─I'm not "Embarrassed!")

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Didn't see you in Port Huron yesterday, Robert, but we did note it was backed in to the yard, making for an easy departure when things wrapped up. Also noted what looked to be a parking lot full of cars near the yard office.

The guy riding with me mentioned he had seen it Friday night, enroute to Port Huron, and the lights on 5444 came on when the horn was blown and remained on unti sometime after passing through the crossing. I didn't have the opportunity to observe this, as the train passed us in the middle of the day.
~ Charles W.

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

MKT_fan11 wrote:Didn't see you in Port Huron yesterday, Robert, but we did note it was backed in to the yard, making for an easy departure when things wrapped up. Also noted what looked to be a parking lot full of cars near the yard office.

The guy riding with me mentioned he had seen it Friday night, enroute to Port Huron, and the lights on 5444 came on when the horn was blown and remained on unti sometime after passing through the crossing. I didn't have the opportunity to observe this, as the train passed us in the middle of the day.

I was there and had a good time! I was on the new bridge and photographed it leaving! Man it was
COLD!!!! The wind was blowing and snowing! I forgot my gloves and had to walk all the way back to my friend Mason to warm up! Was it worth it? It would have been nicer with the E-unit leading!
Last edited by Robertrains on Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Robertrains wrote:
MKT_fan11 wrote:Didn't see you in Port Huron yesterday, Robert, but we did note it was backed in to the yard, making for an easy departure when things wrapped up. Also noted what looked to be a parking lot full of cars near the yard office.

I was there and had a good time! I was on the new bridge and photographed it leaving! Man it was
COLD!!!! The wind was blowing and snowing! I forgot my gloves and had to walk all the way back to my friend Mason to warm up! Was it worth it? It would have been nicer with the E-unit leading!
I was planning to shoot it from that bridge until I noticed the bridge hadn't been plowed yet we were scouting our photo locations. I thought it was too dangerous for us to park on the side of the road and hike along the shoulder to shoot from the bridge. By the time the train actually left, conditions there were probably better though, I imagine. I still want to shoot from that bridge though in the future.

How did your shots come out? Aside from the cold, would you shoot from the bridge again?
~ Charles W.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

It's a shame they don't use the matching pair of IC E's anymore. Also a shame they plastered that big dumb banner all over both the engines.

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

MKT_fan11 wrote:
How did your shots come out? Aside from the cold, would you shoot from the bridge again?

I'll see how they are after the film is developed! I hope it was worth it! Even though the E-unit wasn't in the lead—the train may never look this way again with the re-painting!
I will shoot from the bridge again! It's an awesome view of the Mt. Clemens Sub. joining the Flint Sub.!