Michigan Northern Rwy: lives on

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
jringreatwhitenorth
Railroadfan...fan

Michigan Northern Rwy: lives on

Unread post by jringreatwhitenorth »

This may be interesting to any Michigan Northern fans out there in Michigan and elsewhere. My Indiana penpal Ricky Randolph is going to model the defunct shortline in HO scale. His Michigan Northern Railway will still be green engines with white lettering. The route will be Cadillac-Walton Junction, Walton Junction-Traverse City-Northport, Traverse City-Grawn, and Traverse City-Williamsburg. His railroad will interchange with my Leelanau County Railway (Lake Leelanau-Solon, Solon-Hatches, Solon-Platte River Junction, Platte River Junction-Honor, and Honor-Clarey-Thompsonville).
My guess is Walton Junction to Petoskey will be a fictional interchange line with his Michigan Northern.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: Michigan Northern Rwy: lives on

Unread post by AARR »

I modeled the MIGN as if it were operating in the early 1990's. I modeled Cadillac to Petoskey, Walton Jct. to Traverse City (Staged Grawn and Williamsburg), and Cadillac to Yuma. I rostered a fleet of GP38's of various phases including a straight 38, 38ac, 38 hi-hood, and 38-2 phases 1-3. Unfortunately, we moved and my new space is much smaller so I sold it all and converted to AA early 1950's era.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

jringreatwhitenorth
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jringreatwhitenorth »

Don,

your layout of the Annie set in early 1950's sounds awesome. Ricky is going to try and have same engines as i do. He may have a couple of high hood GP20's, CF7's or RSC2's like i have.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

your layout of the Annie set in early 1950's sounds awesome.
Thanks...it will be when ever I have time to work on it. It's still in the wood frame stage with some road bed laid but no track :(
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...