Michigan Northern layout in works

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
jringreatwhitenorth
Railroadfan...fan

Michigan Northern layout in works

Unread post by jringreatwhitenorth »

I just got a letter from my Indiana friend Ricky Randolph. He is going to model the Michigan Northern as if it never went under in 1986. His will be set in 2009. Route will be Cadillac-Walton Junction; Walton Junction-Traverse City, Traverse City-Northport. Interchange will be with my Leelanau County Rwy at Hatchs. Traffic from the new Michigan Northern will be mainly, lumber, wine, blending wines, potatoes, road salt, canned and frozen vegetables and orchard fruits, feed, farm machinery, propane, and traffic coming to or from my railroad. Both of lines will also have passenger meets at Hatchs. My line has mix of athearn heavyweight, MDC harriman and 50' pullman cars and Ricky's has MDC harriman cars. Whe i hear from him again, i will let Don and everyone else know what is going on.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: Michigan Northern layout in works

Unread post by AARR »

You're the 2nd person I know modeling the line northwest of Traverse City. Looking forward to your updates.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

jringreatwhitenorth
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jringreatwhitenorth »

Hi Don, Still no word from Ricky. Waiting on latest letter from him. I will see what he is doing at moment with his Michigan Northern layout. The lines going from Grawn to Williamsburg on his layout may be a second shortline the Grand Traverse Bay Rwy.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Could we see a pair of D&H Painted Baldwin Sharks?

MIGN-Bill
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MIGN-Bill »

Its good to hear that others are modeling north of Cadillac. I have been working on one (slowly) for about 10 years.
It models Cadillac north to the Chief, with a hidden staging branch to Traverse City.