WIP: Auran Trains 2006: "Turtle Creek Central"

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
TrainWatcher
The Beast

WIP: Auran Trains 2006: "Turtle Creek Central"

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Hey Guys, just letting out a post on my new project with Auran Trains 2006. The "Turtle Creek Central" was featured in the early 2004's Model Railroader Yearly Project Layout. However, this Turtle Creek is going to have a spin! Power so far:

2 TCC GP38-2 #2 (RP1) and #5 *New Power* (BS1)
2 TCC F7A's (4A, and 5C) (RP1)
1 TCC F7B (6B) (RP1)
1 TCC SD40-2 #1776 (RP1) *New Power*
1 GP9 (Undec) (Leased to TCPL)
1 SW7 Turtle Creek Power and Light Co. (YS)

Paint Key:
RP1- Red Body with "Turtle Creek Central in Italics"
BS1- Blue and Silver Body
YS- Yellow with 2 White Stripes

Companies Include:

Turtle Creek Power and Light Co.
Turtle Creek Mining Co.
Turtle Creek Packaging
Foster Industries and Yard (Closed)
Stetson Lumber
CSXT (ex-PRR) Interchange protected by CPL's

Photos will be up soon!
Last edited by TrainWatcher on Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dan M
Railroadfan...fan

Re: WIP: Auran Trains 2006

Unread post by Dan M »

Working on the PH&D here, all 19 miles of it. So far, Tappen interlocking is done, GTW & PM interchange tracks, roundhouse, yard, wye, all are built. I have used TRS 2006 for the model railroad too in seeing what space and operational possiblilites exist. Pretty cool program, just wish my computer would run it better... it brings it to its knees on the lowest graphics settings.

DM
I am now building the Pere Marquette Almont Subdivision.
You can keep up with it here: https://sites.google.com/site/pmalmontsub/home
Take a ride on the Trunk Line! http://trunklinephotography.blogspot.com/

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

Dan M wrote:Working on the PH&D here, all 19 miles of it. So far, Tappen interlocking is done, GTW & PM interchange tracks, roundhouse, yard, wye, all are built. I have used TRS 2006 for the model railroad too in seeing what space and operational possiblilites exist. Pretty cool program, just wish my computer would run it better... it brings it to its knees on the lowest graphics settings.

DM

I got TRS09 the other day, wow, it has a lot better defualt equipment and 90% of the add ons from TRS06 work in it. Right now I'm relaying Chrisracers Henderson Sub to be double track with CPL signals and a coal mine and auto rack center at one end with loops and a road railer terminal on the other end.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

SMRGUY wrote:I got TRS09 the other day, wow, it has a lot better defualt equipment and 90% of the add ons from TRS06 work in it. Right now I'm relaying Chrisracers Henderson Sub to be double track with CPL signals and a coal mine and auto rack center at one end with loops and a road railer terminal on the other end.
You should get the new 2010 edition, too. It includes my Michigan routes, locomotives, scenarios, and is built to merge content from Trainz 2009 into one super-game.
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

Chrisracer8903 wrote:
SMRGUY wrote:I got TRS09 the other day, wow, it has a lot better defualt equipment and 90% of the add ons from TRS06 work in it. Right now I'm relaying Chrisracers Henderson Sub to be double track with CPL signals and a coal mine and auto rack center at one end with loops and a road railer terminal on the other end.
You should get the new 2010 edition, too. It includes my Michigan routes, locomotives, scenarios, and is built to merge content from Trainz 2009 into one super-game.

I'll need a better computer, right now a full yard of auto racks and 89' footers where the RJ corman comes in runs it a tad bit slow but not to bad. Got any new routes out yet Chris?

csxt4617
Railroadfan...fan

Re: WIP: Auran Trains 2006: "Turtle Creek Central"

Unread post by csxt4617 »

Can you post a couple screenshots of the CPL signals? I did a bunch of them back about 5 years ago...just curious if it's the same ones :mrgreen:

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

Racer

Unread post by Racer »

SMRGUY wrote:...Got any new routes out yet Chris?
No, just been upgrading stuff that is in Trainz 2010.
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

Chris,
Any idea when the Trains 10 is coming out? I need a good sim for my new computer and this sounds like it.
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

Racer

Unread post by Racer »

DR wrote:Chris,
Any idea when the Trains 10 is coming out? I need a good sim for my new computer and this sounds like it.
You can buy it online either CD or Digital Download (If you have REALLY high speed internet). You can buy it here Dane:

http://www.auran.com/auran/store/index.php?p=3&PID=198

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

I bought my version off line, took about 2 hours with our cable internet.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

The CPL's Im using for my Diamond Junction with the TCC and CSXT are Ex-B&O and look like this:

However I am going to do a little re-work of the project. Here's what Im gonna make:

CSXT Keystone Subdivision (Only represented in a 2 track section, No Helper District, Connects to TCC at Gilpin for Drop-offs and Pick-ups):

Thru Freight: Q375 (Cumberland to Cinncinati), Q261 (Autorack Train), Q110 (UPS CHI- North Bergen NJ)
Local: D357 (Cumberland to Gilpin, TC Freight Only)
Unit Coals: N964 (WV-Flint Coal), N967 (TC Coal to NY)

Turtle Creek Central River Subdivision:

Coal: D221 (TC to Gilpin Yard, Coal Loads for CSXT), D722 (Gilpin to TC, Coal Empties from CSXT)
Grain: G992 (Gilpin Yard to TC, Grain Empties from CSXT), G050 (TC To Gilpin Yard, Grain Loads)
Freight: J543 (TC to Foster Yard, Local), J865 (Gilpin to TC Local)
Yard Jobs: Y101 (TC Yard Job), Y304 (Gilpin Yard Job)

Dan M
Railroadfan...fan

Re: WIP: Auran Trains 2006: PH&D Screen SHots

Unread post by Dan M »

View looking north east from the Mt. Clemens Sub. A Chessie freight heads east to Saginaw with a CN train heading into Tunnel Yard.
The GTW Mt. Clemens Sub and C&O Saginaw Sub Diamond.

I currently am working on the basics of scenery and trackwork at tappen and trying to make it as accurate as possible. Tappen, PH&D Yard, the PH&D wye and south PH&D Yard are all to scale.

TRS 2010 is in the books to buy, but at a later date. I currently do not have a computer that will run TRS2006 or the TRS2010 with much satisfaction with quality graphics.
DM

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Ok, here is a few Roster Shots of the TCC.

F Units

GP38-2's "Mine Job"

SD40-2 #1776 "Bincentennial Progress" and Cab 904121

csxt4617
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by csxt4617 »

Looks like the CPL SMRGUY has in his screenshot is mine :) The others on the gantry signals are someone elses, as I didn't get around to doing gantry style. I also didn't include all 6 marker lights. Mine only had ones that the Trainz signal system could use.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Looks like fun, guys. I enjoy following your endeavors.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Dan M
Railroadfan...fan

Re: WIP: Auran Trains 2006: PH&D

Unread post by Dan M »

More screen shots of the PH&D Route. I have track to the South park industrial spur and will be working on the edison plant in Marysville next.

North side of the PH&D offices looking west. PH&D, PM, and GTW tracks.
Both locos are reskins I have done and the PH&D offices. Yeah, I know they were not three stories, but the scale makes it right.
Looking southwest.
Looking north from 32nd. I wish I had a duo core processor and a good video card... getting these screen captures just about killed the cpu with all the graphics on high!

DM

geeps
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by geeps »

Finished laying track on the V-Scale Detroit District. Includes the route to the Boat Yard, through Delray over CSX.
Its pretty close to actual miles, takes about an hour and a half to go from Montpelier to Oakwood Jct. Still not satisfied with parts so I've been slowly deleting and rebuilding.

ugh can't find the right bridge. The golden gate bridge dont cut it.

PerRock
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PerRock »

check out some of bendorsy's bridges he has made a huge number of bridges (and if its an actual bridge accepts requests) He might have something that'll work.

peter
Given the choice; I fly Amtrak.
American Trainz Group

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Well the TCC has had a few roster changes itself.

F7A's 2000 and 2001
F7B
SW7 513
GP38 672

Working on a different setting though. Currently working on a cut off between 2 major Conrail Subdivisions. Roadrailers, will be present, as well as a few unit coal trains. Even the TCC will be offering passenger service, with a former PRR B60B Baggage and 2 P85A Coaches.

Towns:
Anderson (Northern Connection to the Conrail, Interchange Yard, BI Chemical Facility)
Port Hope (Small Industrial Facility)
Smithsburg (Grain Silo [Unit Grain Trains], and small coal mine)
Turtle Creek (Main Shops and Yard, RoadRailer facility and industrial operations)
Pitsfield Junction (Connection to another shortline, the "Middletown Central"
Ashcroft (Coal Mine)
Grafton (Southern connection to Conrail, Interchange Yard)

TCC Runs the locals on the road while connecting Conrail Trains use the line between Anderson and Grafton via trackage rights. Signal have also been changed, to the Color Position lights like those found on the NEC. Also Amtrak has service lines in both Anderson and Grafton (TCC Passenger connection between them)