Train Show in TROY

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
jukeman45
Railroadfan...fan

Train Show in TROY

Unread post by jukeman45 »

bummer.... don't have a cow dude LOL

See everybody at Troy show!

Admin edit: Old topic: Putz
I'm pretty sure we were right that Jukeman's MI area thread was about a train show

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Putz

Unread post by AARR »

Would you care to let us in on the hidden message of this post? :?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: Putz

Unread post by ~Z~ »

I moved this to the model railroad board instead of Jukeman's staple of "everything goes to the Michigan area."
Maybe this thread is about an upcoming Troy MI model train show...

Would you mind being a tiny bit more clear in the subject/body when starting a new thread?
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

A No.1
To Portland

Train Show in TROY

Unread post by A No.1 »

Anyone going to the Train Show in TROY on Sunday?

Athens High School.
Mark it Zero.

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Re: Train Show in TROY

Unread post by Racer »

I'll be there operating trains with my club (Society of N Scalers) on our N scale modular layout.
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

pfs
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by pfs »

Anyone know why they shut down early? (3pm)

I could not arrive until 2:20 or so and there was a mad rush of vendors tearing down.

I know that is common, especially with the 3 rail guys as 4PM is getting close to their bed time. ;)

But this was an exodus.

I asked G&G (who kept open and got my $$$) why, and he told me the 'show' had told them to tear down early.

Silly.

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

I didn't understand why it was at 3pm aswell. We all thought we had to stop running our trains at 5pm (Our club's layout was the N scale one PFS). I guess it all worked out well because 10 minutes before 3, our Digitrax system for our trains was not working, so it was the perfect time to pack-up. The show was pretty good as far as variety of vendors and prices. I snagged an N scale KATO CP AC4400CW (Beaver Logo) brand new for $60 and a bunch of Micro-Trains, Atlas, and Red Caboose freight cars for $5 each.
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

pfs
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by pfs »

Chris

Thanks for the info.

I did see 'some' decent prices, I only grabbed detail parts. (I am trying not to buy anymore rolling stock until I thin the heard.)

We didn't get upstairs until everyone was tearing down. I see SONS added enough Modules to have some decent length.
(I have been to an open house and will prob join when I can truly commit the time)