Essenhaus Train Show in Middlebury, IN.

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
berkmeister
Railroadfan...fan

Essenhaus Train Show in Middlebury, IN.

Unread post by berkmeister »

I'm wondering if anyone on this board, particularly those who live in Indiana and southwest lower Michigan know about an upcoming all-scale train show in Middlebury, IN. It's at the Essenhaus complex on U.S. 20 on the southwest side of Middlebury. This is their 2nd trainshow; last year they had approx. 1,500 visitors through the door, the show was held above the restaurant on the second floor. This year, it will be at the same location AND at the Inn and Conference Center on the Essenhaus complex. The date is this Saturday, Febuary 19th, from 9:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. There will be door prizes, workshops, clinics, an area for children to make models and crafts for a nominal fee, operating layouts, an official test track and free shuttle bus service between the Restaurant and the Inn and Conference Center sections of the show. I was a vendor at last years' show and made excellent sales. This year, i'll have one table of HO and N goodies in the larger Conference Center building, so if any of you people on this board decide to come over/down i'd like to meet you!!! See ya! Berkmeister (Gary) :D http://www.essenhaus.com

GAP
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Essenhaus Train Show in Middlebury, IN.

Unread post by GAP »

My nephew and I are planning to be there (from Portage MI). Glad to hear of more room this year. Last year it was really crowded. Still, I made a couple of good purchases. This year I'll be looking for something to use for a highway bridge, among other things. Berkmeister, I met you at Nappanee last year. I'll try to recognize you again and say hi.

berkmeister
Railroadfan...fan

Yeah, i knew of two or three fellow modelers who got kinda claustrophobic at last years' show. But, as a vendor, the people packed in there as tight as sardines walked generally from my left to right kept a steady stream of visitors filing past my tables where virtually all of them got to see my "wares". However, a few adults and children came close to knocking off my products to the point of realizing that it was plain too crowded in there. What if someone yelled "FIRE"! it could have become a madhouse!!! Oh well, i'll be in the "bigger" place this time so we'll all have more breathing room, i hope!!! GAP, i'll look forward to seeing you again, maybe we'll have time to talk. Keep in mind our clubs' train show will be exactly a month from the Essenhaus show, Saturday, March 19th from 10:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. At Burkholder Dutch Village near Nappanee. I'll be a vendor at our show, i believe i'll be located next to our EMRRC information table. Berk :D

AC60CW
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AC60CW »

And what about us folks from NW Ohio...can we go as well?

LOL...

Anyhow, I would go. But I am headed to Detroit to pick up my 19 year old daughter to come visit with us for a week or so. Wish I could have gone to this one. Been a while since I was at a show.

Thanks for posting the info.
Avatar image use with permission of Elmo Bass http://elmo.rrpicturearchives.net/

berkmeister
Railroadfan...fan

AC60CW wrote:And what about us folks from NW Ohio...can we go as well?

LOL...

Anyhow, I would go. But I am headed to Detroit to pick up my 19 year old daughter to come visit with us for a week or so. Wish I could have gone to this one. Been a while since I was at a show.

Thanks for posting the info.
Of course people from the great railroad state of Ohio can go! Anyone can go!!! By the way, i have two of your username models in N-Scale from Overland Models in CSX. But i love them too much to try to sell them at the train show. Maybe you can get over to Nappanee to our Elkhart clubs' train show on March 19th! :D Berk

AC60CW
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AC60CW »

19th sounds pretty do able. I will either know if I am fulltime at my job I am currently working at...or if I am laid of. If I get the job. It will mean I can spend a little more money. If not...I get to do more looking...lol.
Avatar image use with permission of Elmo Bass http://elmo.rrpicturearchives.net/

GAP
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GAP »

The arrangement of this show was much better than last year with lots more room to move around and see things. We started in the Conference Center where I found a couple of things. Then when we went to the restaurant building it was like finding another whole show. Great. And I found more things there. To me any show where I find what I'm looking for is a good show, but this one seemed more pleasant than last year because of not being so crowded. And I got to renew my acquaintance with the Berkmeister, too. Just feedback, for what it's worth.