Model train show for NYC convention?

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
GAP
Railroadfan...fan

Model train show for NYC convention?

Unread post by GAP »

I'd heard there was going to be a model train show (swap meet) in conjunction with the NYC Historical Convention in Elkhart. I can't seem to find out anything about it. When? Elkhart? EssenHaus? Open to the public? Can anyone shed light on this event? Haven't seen a flyer. Can't find it on the internet. Help!

pbmaxno15
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Model train show for NYC convention?

Unread post by pbmaxno15 »

Sat. May 5th, 10:00-4:00 @ The National New York Central Museum
http://nycshs.org/convention.php

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Dunno if anyone's been by lately, but they were trying to get 3001's elephant ears on for the NYC Convention.

berkmeister
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by berkmeister »

Although the official start of the train show at the museum is 10:00 A.M., New York Central System Historical Society members will be allowed in at 9:30 to get ahead of the general train show crowd. I'll have a table of mosty N-Scale, i'm adding virtually all of my NYC freight cars in my collection of N-Scale for sale. Should be a long but interesting day with the model trains inside and the 1:1 scale trains outside! :D Berk

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

Hey Gary, what's up? You should have messaged me since I'm on the convention committee and I could have told you what you wanted to know. Looking forward to seeing your club's layout next month, hopefully some blue N scale locos will be traveling around on it, just for your old friend Chris :mrgreen:
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

berkmeister
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by berkmeister »

Gee Chris, didn't know you are a member of the NYCSHS! Much less a member of the convention committee!!! :shock: Well i'll be danged! Yeah, i read the NYCSHS's website and got personal info from long time member Darwin Simonaitis. I should be at the club Friday for a while to welcome you "NYC guys" there. Hey, you want to see Conrail power on a special weekend to honor the mighty NYC? Shame on you! You are to be in a NYC state of mind only the entire weekend! :mrgreen: Actually, i'm glad to hear you appreciate the predecesser railroads that helped make up Conrail. How many railroad historical societies do you beong to? I thought just the Conrail and Penn Central groups. Berk

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

This year, its only NYCSHS and CRHS, I dropped the PCRRHS. I joined NYC's society so that I could come to Elkhart and attend their convention, besides I always admired NYC's Hudsons and lightning stripe diesels :) Plus my friend Pat Livingston is the committe chair and I just had to help him out
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH