Weathering wheels

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
mustangjoe448
Railroadfan...fan

Weathering wheels

Unread post by mustangjoe448 »

So I found a way make your wheels look just like the real thing just thought this may help some fellow modlers out unless some one else has figured it out already.this is how I do it first off I take a testors enamel paint marker brown paint the wheels be carefull not to use to much do one wheel at a time u want the paint wet for next step or it wont look right when you dull coat them as soon as u paint the wheel take color muddy red chalk and dust the wheel heavy then blow off all extra chalk then I dust it again with rusty brown blow off extra then dull coat I use doc obriens chalks but u can mess around and see what looks best I will post a pic if I can trust me If u do it right it looks awEsome please give it a try and let me know what u think post pics Thanks

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: Weathering wheels

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks for the suggestion, mustangjoe!
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Big Frank
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Big Frank »

Any pics of the finished Product?
Beating Up Foamer's and Rail Nerds Since 1981... I h8 u all!!!!

mustangjoe448
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by mustangjoe448 »

I do have alot of locos done I will try to get a camera to post some my phone camera is junk