Lansing area train show?

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Lansing area train show?

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Haven't seen anything posted here yet, but IIRC, there's a train show at MAY tomorrow (Sunday), correct?

Will anyone be going, or is this a show to avoid?
~ Charles W.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Lansing area train show?

Unread post by AANscaleRunner »

It's at the MSU Pavilion, 10 AM to 4 PM. I look forward to it every year and will be driving 2 hours to get there. Plus lunch at Five Guys Burgers on Grand River.

Big Frank
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Big Frank »

AANscaleRunner wrote:It's at the MSU Pavilion, 10 AM to 4 PM. I look forward to it every year and will be driving 2 hours to get there. Plus lunch at Five Guys Burgers on Grand River.
MMMMM 5 Guys is the best
Beating Up Foamer's and Rail Nerds Since 1981... I h8 u all!!!!

Proto48Patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Proto48Patrick »

I cant make it today but its actually a good show. I'm an O scale guy and I find a few good buys but lotsa N and HO stuff. One of the only shows I go to in recent years that's multi- gauged
Patrick Welch

etmccaus
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by etmccaus »

Just returned from the Pavilion. Mostly the same dealers as ever, but lucked out at one table that had two Atlas Ann Arbor GP38-2s for $50 a piece. Even if they were DC, I'd consider that a good buy, but I just popped the access hatches off here at home to discover they're both blessed with DCC and sound. Surprise!

Makes me wish I'd also bought the D&M C424 they had for the same price, but I have two LSRC units already and no late-model Annie locos, so the decision was fairly simple.

-Evan

GrandTrunkFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GrandTrunkFan »

etmccaus wrote:Just returned from the Pavilion. Mostly the same dealers as ever, but lucked out at one table that had two Atlas Ann Arbor GP38-2s for $50 a piece. Even if they were DC, I'd consider that a good buy, but I just popped the access hatches off here at home to discover they're both blessed with DCC and sound. Surprise!

Makes me wish I'd also bought the D&M C424 they had for the same price, but I have two LSRC units already and no late-model Annie locos, so the decision was fairly simple.

-Evan
:shock: :shock: :shock: I had one of those in my hand! I almost bought one!! Dang it!

Did end up taking 2 of the Annie Intermountain boxcars. Couldnt argue with 7 bucks a pop.
Nick

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AANscaleRunner »

Would you believe I also looked at those AA locos? Found a couple N scale Arnold S-2 locos and a Walthers Russell snow plow for some projects. And the cheeseburger was great!

GP9R
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GP9R »

GrandTrunkFan wrote:
etmccaus wrote:Just returned from the Pavilion. Mostly the same dealers as ever, but lucked out at one table that had two Atlas Ann Arbor GP38-2s for $50 a piece. Even if they were DC, I'd consider that a good buy, but I just popped the access hatches off here at home to discover they're both blessed with DCC and sound. Surprise!

-Evan
:shock: :shock: :shock: I had one of those in my hand! I almost bought one!! Dang it!

Did end up taking 2 of the Annie Intermountain boxcars. Couldnt argue with 7 bucks a pop.
That makes 2 of us, I almost looked at those. Oh well, more stuff I don't need

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

I thought there was almost a better selection of N scale (differ anyway) than at Gratiot Valley two weeks ago. I didn't get away from our table until after 3, but still managed to spend my budgeted funds at just 3 tables. Wish I'd taken more.

One thing I did notice though, and heard others talking about, was that there seemed to be a lot of people there, but not as much merchandise seemed to be selling as you would think at a show like that.

I ran into Justin (astrovanman) several times, DR, and Conrail Jon.
~ Charles W.

etmccaus
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by etmccaus »

GrandTrunkFan wrote: :shock: :shock: :shock: I had one of those in my hand! I almost bought one!! Dang it!

If it's any consolation, I'm having a grand time getting the decoders to work. The one seems to respond to address read/write, but can't get it to come alive on powered track. The other? Well, 7771 appears to be a problem child.

Update: Well, I have both functioning on DC, so they're not completely dead quite yet! Hope to sort out the DCC woes shortly...

-Evan