Trainz 2010 Help- RRMods TSBY

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
ogauge47
Railroadfan...fan

Trainz 2010 Help- RRMods TSBY

Unread post by ogauge47 »

Hello all. I have been trying to get the RRMods TSBY GP35s to work in Trainz 2010 (Mac version) but I get a faulty error and I am just not familiar to fix it. It has to do with with a missing texture. Has anyone fixed this model to work in TRS2010? Could somebody walk me through the steps to fix it?
Thanks

http://rrmods.com/loco1.shtml

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Re: Trainz 2010 Help- RRMods TSBY

Unread post by Racer »

Wow, I am suprised TS2010 works on the Mac (Unless it's a Mac edition). It might be an issue with the Mac's video card. Have you tried to view the errors in Content Manager and manually correct it? In case the they don't work, I included GLC GP35s in my build of the game you can use in the mean time.
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

PerRock
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PerRock »

The Mac edition is TRS10.

peter

Edit: I took a look at it. If you edit the 2 GP35s in Finder, simply copy the "map2.texture.txt" file and the "map2.tga" file from the "gp35_body" folder to the "gp35_shadow" folder.
Given the choice; I fly Amtrak.
American Trainz Group

ogauge47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ogauge47 »

I figured it out. The main problem was that I when I opened the engines for editing the edit window didn't open up. I had do do some major digging to find the folder, which somehow got moved to a hidden subsection.

Chrisracer- I absolutely love your CSX Saginaw Sub, it is a great representation of the prototype and I love running on a route which I am very familiar with. (I live in Farmington and am frequently in the Northville/Plymouth area)

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

ogauge47 wrote:I figured it out. The main problem was that I when I opened the engines for editing the edit window didn't open up. I had do do some major digging to find the folder, which somehow got moved to a hidden subsection.

Chrisracer- I absolutely love your CSX Saginaw Sub, it is a great representation of the prototype and I love running on a route which I am very familiar with. (I live in Farmington and am frequently in the Northville/Plymouth area)
I'm glad you like it! I tried to do it the best I could. I need to update the Saginaw Sub at some point especially around the Novi/ Wixom area where: The Gen Mar Industrial Lead has been severed, the MAL and interchange is gone, and the Ford Wixom Plant is in the process of being demolished, etc.
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

Dan M
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Dan M »

Some content that works in TS2010 will not work in TS 2012 if you have that sim. It will need modifications too. It's a pain, but there is some good older content worth fixing to get into TS12.

Dan
I am now building the Pere Marquette Almont Subdivision.
You can keep up with it here: https://sites.google.com/site/pmalmontsub/home
Take a ride on the Trunk Line! http://trunklinephotography.blogspot.com/

Pie39
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Pie39 »

I hate to bring this post back to life but...I too am struggling to install the two GP35s. I did what is posted, but it still doesnt work. Oh right, I'm doing this in Trainz 2012. So...HELP?!
Modeling the Ann Arbor Railroad in the 70's in N scale.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7JFDy ... ja0S1o7Q9A