Walthers Crossing Signals problem?

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
GrandTrunkFan
Railroadfan...fan

Walthers Crossing Signals problem?

Unread post by GrandTrunkFan »

I am finally installing a pair of Walthers crossing signals I literally bought years ago. I remember taking them out of the box and hooking up just the controller box and the signals to my MRC Tech 4 power pack, just to try them out. Well they worked like they should and I was satisfied with my purchase. Well dug them out the other day to use on my Greenville module and placed my signals on the layout and wired everything back up, and the controller box power indicator light didnt come on and neither did the signals. Figuring that the controller box went bad, I purchased another one from Riders today and this one doesnt work either. Im still using the same MRC Tech 4 power pack that I used when I first bought the set up. I dont want to wire up my crossing signals with the photo sensors because the crossing that they are being used on has a switch on both sides of the road and I want to install a simple toggle switch to turn the crossing signals on and off when my locomotives are on the other tracks. Any ideas?
Nick

lsi3009
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Walthers Crossing Signals problem?

Unread post by lsi3009 »

you might of burned them out, all depends on how you hooked them up to your power pack, also you might have them wired backwards..

GrandTrunkFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GrandTrunkFan »

I hooked the box to the AC (Accessories) tabs on my power pack directly, just like the instructions say to. I dont see how that would burn anything out? :?
Nick

lsi3009
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by lsi3009 »

it all depends on how much power they use, you might wanna try switching the wires.... also read on the directions on how the max power ration for them... if its says on there. i dont use ac for my lights....

csx801
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by csx801 »

After my experience with walthers crossing signals I will never go back to their controller. I had 2 and they both quit on me within a few weeks. I use Logic rail technologies or Circuitron crossing controllers. much much nicer and much more flexible...

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

I've got Busch crossing signals, and they have been working for years.
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".