Central Mich decals due next week...first come first serve!

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
OaklandCountyCustoms
Railroadfan...fan

Central Mich decals due next week...first come first serve!

Unread post by OaklandCountyCustoms »

Hey everybody... As discussed last month i am doing a 2009 project hoping to reproduce decals from all the larger shortlines in michigan at a rate of 1-2 roads per month. The first shortline i have chosen to do is the Central Michigan. I will have the decals available to do units 8800-8804. I am planning very limited runs and this run is limited to 5 (FIVE) locomotives. Again, this is first come first serve. 2 of these units are still in service on the CMGN/HESR. Remember that if you provide the locomotive the price of your custom drops drastically. December orders will be finished and returned to you in January 09. If you provide the locomotive, i am offering these units for $50.00. Weathered or "fresh paint." Atlas GP40/40-2 is the preferred model as CM had the 40's downgraded to run as 38-2's. To be most prototypical, body alterations should be made to the 40 and patched over. Again, i will only be doing 5 units. If you would like one feel free to e-mail me at Oaklandcountycustoms@yahoo.com before they are gone!

If you haven't checked us out before please visit www.oaklandcountycustoms.com for pictures of previous projects. If you do not see what you are looking for, e-mail me...we can make it for you.

January 2009: i will be doing HESR (C&O style paint) high hoods and GP38's as well as LSRC (Lake State Railway)... yes, SBS will be included also. e-mail me with your pre-orders to guarantee locomotives...i will only be producing what is asked for +5. With the economy and cost of custom decals these will be more limited than i would like. I am also willing to do 281 and 381 in patched DM paint if interested.

New announcement: Freelanced freight car of the month. To remember fallen michigan flags i will also be offering a freelanced freight car of the month starting with LSRC. Yes, i know LSRC is not a fallen flag...and i hope it won't be...i enjoy their paint scheme very much so i am picking it first! call me selfish. I will be doing enclosed auto racks with the LSRC michigan map logo on the side as well as zebra stripe. Sounds crazy, and it will be. Again, this will be a limited edition item. This car will be equipped with "see-through" steel panels to be as prototypical as possible. inquire for price for this truly 2 of a kind item (only selling 1).

thanks everybody for your time. Through these tough times i'm hoping these sets will allow Michigan ralfans to remember the good times in Michigan railroading. Stay tuned for further lease dates.

Chris
www.oaklandcountycustoms.com

OaklandCountyCustoms
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Central Mich decals due next week...first come first serve!

***Update***

Only 4 left.

thanks,

Chris

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

How much for LSRC autorack!!?!?!?!?!? Have wallet will spend money!!!! not too much but maybe a few dollars.
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

CMGN has always been a favorite of mine and if I was modeling it I'd do business with you OaklandCountyCustoms. I like your work and attention to detail.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

OaklandCountyCustoms
Railroadfan...fan

Thank you again for the kind words! maybe i'll be able to do something you do model in the future. :D

Chris

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

I model AA in the early 1950's. If you do anything I'd be interested in knowing about it.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

OaklandCountyCustoms
Railroadfan...fan

what type of power were they running? RS1's or such? was that still in the Wabash transition?

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

what type of power were they running? RS1's or such? was that still in the Wabash transition?
Yes, they operated FA2's, RS1's, and S1's and 3's. I'm all set on those :)

OaklandCountyCustoms
Railroadfan...fan

seems like you got it covered! what do you even need?

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

I'm probably all set know that I think about it. I have models to build and decals for them. But if there were RTR equipment out before I bought the models and decals I may have purchased the RTR depending on cost.

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Garry K »

I'm definitely interested in current Ann Arbor RR decals. I'm also hoping for a set of decals for the blue & yellow TSBY 1977 "City of Vassar" although I reckon a set of decals for it as the black & yellow "Big Chief" would be OK, too. I already have the loco.

Garry K

OaklandCountyCustoms
Railroadfan...fan

Do you have any pictures of the unit you are speaking of?

Chris

GP9R
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GP9R »

Would it be possible to get enough decals seperately to do 8802 and 8804, without having the engines done?

cmgnnut
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by cmgnnut »

Craig Wilson years ago did the decals as did Fred F in Bay City. Riders had them for sale for a while but they are gone. I still have some left but I'm keeping them so they can be repo'd some day. The ones I want are for the 2014 unit and the B units as I have the bodys ready but no decals. The old Michigan Central decal set makes a good standby set if you cut the Michigan Central apart and reverse it to read Central Michigan. I also have the old MIGN and Mid Mich set for the GP 9 units