Benchwork Question

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
AC60CW
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Benchwork Question

Unread post by AC60CW »

You easily can stack the foamboard. This is how many of us do scenery. I use plain old liquidnails for projects. They make a foamboard adhesive also. Sold in same area of Menard or Lowes. You will want to glue them together and place them on the floor with weights covering then while they dry.
Avatar image use with permission of Elmo Bass http://elmo.rrpicturearchives.net/

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

AC60CW wrote:You easily can stack the foamboard. This is how many of us do scenery. I use plain old liquidnails for projects. They make a foamboard adhesive also. Sold in same area of Menard or Lowes. You will want to glue them together and place them on the floor with weights covering then while they dry.
Does that work for sticking the cork roadbed to the foam as well? The Model Railroad book I have recommends Wood Glue (If I remember right...)
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AC60CW
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AC60CW »

I don't use glue on mine. But it is common practice to do so. Someone else might want to add input to this. I use track nails to pin my cork bed to the foamboard. But I am also still in the design evolution of my layout. So I am pulling up parts from time to time. I have used glue previously, on older layouts though. I used the foamboard glue. It worked well. But I had to tear up that layout and lost a good amount of cork because it didn't want to come up easily.
Avatar image use with permission of Elmo Bass http://elmo.rrpicturearchives.net/