Detroit & Mackinac decals

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
dpfeiffr
Railroadfan...fan

Detroit & Mackinac decals

Unread post by dpfeiffr »

I'm looking for Detroit and Mackinac decals in O scale for their C424's. Anyone know where I could locate these?

Thanks.

Dave Pfeiffer

OaklandCountyCustoms
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Detroit & Mackinac decals

Unread post by OaklandCountyCustoms »

As far as i know these were never made in O scale... i may be wrong, but i think microscale only did DM boxcars and herald king only did HO (i think). I could get you O scale decals made though. I don't want to intimidate you with price but it generally costs art time plus print. When i get my custom runs done i have to pay for setup plus ink. if you only needed a few decals it would be on the pricey side. it could cost upwards of $100 for just one 8X10 of decals. i don't do O scale but i can imagine that that may only get enough decals for 3-4 locos. let me know and i'll see what i can do to help you out.

Chris

dpfeiffr
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by dpfeiffr »

Hi Chris. Thanks for getting back to me. I'm a little slow in responding. Sorry. Anyway, I'm only looking for decals to do 1 or maybe 2 engines, so unless they were already available, the price would be too high. I thought maybe some modeler in Michigan would have done some on an ALPS printer and could make copies relatively cheap.

Thanks again.

Dave Pfeiffer

OaklandCountyCustoms
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by OaklandCountyCustoms »

Yeah, i'm not too certain. the decals i get are off an ALPS printer...great quality. I have ordered from a few sources before and i can tell you it does matter who prints them for you. There are so many things that can be adjusted to make perfect lines. Since Herald King already has a set out there i'm sure i could get it resized for you...but the price wouldn't be far off from my original prediction based on what i get charged. If its what you're wanting, its well worth it. But, i understand that its a tough time for money...i wish it was cheaper too...there are dozens more decals i'd like to have made. if only it grew on trees.

Chris