undecided

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
rdenman62
Railroadfan...fan

undecided

Unread post by rdenman62 »

OK, I've got an issue with making a decision on whether to continue with my Gladstone Yard layout WC/CN/E&LS or change to another railroad. I have approx 35% completion on the Gladstone Yard layout but have come to the point of indecision on whether or not to continue with it or change to a Chessie System layout. Chessie has long been a favorite of mine and the more I read about it the more I'm torn between finishing the current layout or starting over to do a Chessie layout set during the late 70's early 80's on the Wixom Sub (Saginaw Sub now for CSX). I happened to pick up a Chessie System Michigan Division Timetable No.2 dated 1981 and that got me all fired up and got me to really thinking about doing this. I guess one question is, Is it worth it to start all over to do this? Has anyone else been thru this? and if so what did you decide to do? I don't know if anyone on this forum has experienced this or actually have gotten to a point and then changed their minds. I wish I had the funds and space to do both actually but reality sets in and says no........Was wondering if anyone else has started a layout then changed their minds and started over in a different direction.....Help!!!!! THANKS.....

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: undecided

Unread post by AARR »

If you've given it some thought and your heart says switch then make the change. I'm on my 5th or 6th layout.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

Man I Have, Ive switched between scales aswell. Realize that the fun of Model Railroading is not so much in the finished product. Its the fun of building it. So if you decide you would have more fun going in another direction, Make the change. Take lots of photo;'s of your current progress for the memory, THen, Tear it up.
Mark it Zero.

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

I think you should do the Wixom Sub right after the Chessie-Seaboard merger.
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

rdenman62
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rdenman62 »

Well, decided to stay with the Gladstone Yard project...As you can see from some other posts I've made, my roster of locomotives are all being painted into CN/WC/E&LS.......so thanks for the comments on changing and starting over...........

i995impalass
Yooper Foamer

Unread post by i995impalass »

Why don't you just keep your current layout, add the Chessie sub like you want on a lower level and have the best of both worlds. Run CN trains when you want, and run CN trains over your Chessie sub suggesting that CSX never took over but CN came to Durand and somehow has track rights on Chessie. Then do the same, Chessie took over in Canada came around the horn to Sault Ste. Marie then have track rights into Gladstone then to Green Bay. Then you almost could incorporate ferry operations from Ludington to Manitowac then up to Green Bay as well. Just a thought. This way you don't have to buy or sell abunch more stuff and lose the work you have done. Little imagination never hurt!