Painting Grand Trunk

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
GTWChris
Railroadfan...fan

Painting Grand Trunk

Unread post by GTWChris »

I have finally decided to paint my own Grand Trunk engines. I picked up a undec GP40-2 shell and I am wanted to paint the GT 6420. I would like to know what color the Grand Trunk orange and blue are. Also since the decals are white(and my decal printer can't print white) where can you pick up the decals for a GTW GP40-2s? Thanks!

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Re: Painting Grand Trunk

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

Why would you custom paint a 6420 when Atlas has them released in the Blue & Red already?

MicroScale make a GTW deisel set of decals. Just go to walthers.com and search up microscale decals and you should find it.
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

rdenman62
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rdenman62 »

polyscale acrylics make GTW Blue and GTW Orange.....also DR is right microscale has decals for GTW and also you can get them from Highball Graphics I believe

Todd Cline
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Todd Cline »

I have always used Floquil GTW blue, and Southern Pacific Daylight red. That is "old-school" though, I know there are other paints out there. I think that the Floquil CN orange is too bright. If you are doing a unit that has been in service for a long time, Floquil Great Northern Big Sky Blue is very good for a "faded" GTW blue. Use that along with some weathering and it looks great. ( see some of the photos Aaron posted for me, the 4439 was done with the G.N. Big Sky Blue ).

Todd

GTWChris
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWChris »

Thanks for all the information!
DR wrote:Why would you custom paint a 6420 when Atlas has them released in the Blue & Red already?
I can save money by not buying a $150 engine.