DCC help!!!!!1

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
JANGAJONGA
Epic Fail B34 Master

DCC help!!!!!1

Unread post by JANGAJONGA »

I just bought and installed a Digitrax DH123AT into my Athearn RTR GP38. i put everything were it is supposed to be and even watched a youtube video on how to do it however when i put it on my track and turn it on it does not run! the light comes on and it makes a faint buzzing noise but it will not move even when set on the 3 setting which it is programmed to. any help?

bnsfben
Railroadfan...fan

Re: DCC help!!!!!1

Unread post by bnsfben »

Are you sure you put each pin into the correct hole? It has to go in a certain spot.

Dan M
Railroadfan...fan

Re: DCC help!!!!!1

Unread post by Dan M »

Questions...

1) did you isolate the motor from the frame? (Replace the bottom motor clip with the on the harness)

2) did you put a piece of electrical tape on the bottom frame of the loco (where it was ground to the silver metal so the old motor mount would contact the frame)?

3) Is there wires interfering with the drive shafts and not allowing them to turn or is the decoder interfering with the drive shafts spinning?

4) did you remove the stock athearn light mount?

I usually shorten those harnesses quite a bit and the wires are always a problem causing hang-ups with the drive shafts. Often I have to trim electrical tape and tape the wires to the top of the shell as I put it together and insert it into the shell as I close it with a mini screwdriver. Often it takes a few tries.

I can show you pictures of my units if you need. Let me know.

Dan M
I am now building the Pere Marquette Almont Subdivision.
You can keep up with it here: https://sites.google.com/site/pmalmontsub/home
Take a ride on the Trunk Line! http://trunklinephotography.blogspot.com/