Elkhart Model Railroad Club Open House Aug. 7

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
berkmeister
Railroadfan...fan

Elkhart Model Railroad Club Open House Aug. 7

Unread post by berkmeister »

All aboard to the Elkhart Model Railroad Club 3rd annual open house! When: Saturday, August 7th, 2010 Time: 12:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. Where: 57529 Hawthorne St., Elkhart, IN., 1 block west of S.R. 19 and Hively Ave. HO-Scale and N-Scale layouts will be featured, come out and see lots of trains running! Fun for the young and old! Our hosts this year is Texas Roadhouse serving up plenty of good food. And to top it off, admission and food are FREE!!!!!! :D

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Elkhart Model Railroad Club Open House Aug. 7

Unread post by AARR »

berkmeister wrote:And to top it off, admission and food are FREE!!!!!! :D
Free beer?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

berkmeister
Railroadfan...fan

Sorry, no alchoholic beverages, just the weaker stuff that day! :mrgreen:

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

berkmeister wrote:Sorry, no alchoholic beverages, just the weaker stuff that day! :mrgreen:
Too bad...you would have had more guests than you could handle :wink:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Just an FYI in case Berkmeister wasn't aware... the site is holding a meet Sept 25-26th in Elkhart at the NYC museum. Please feel free to drop by, we'll be around there all day/night Saturday and most of the day Sunday.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

berkmeister
Railroadfan...fan

AARR wrote: Too bad...you would have had more guests than you could handle :wink:
Actually, last year we had a estimated 750 adults and children that toured our clubhouse; and that was a conservative estimate!!!!!! A friend of mine who visited around 2:00 that afternoon told me he had to park 2 blocks away just to get in our area! We had write-ups in the Elkhart Truth and the South Bend Tribune a couple of days before and about the event. So i don't believe we needed to serve booze to attract a crowd; this amount of people almost overwhelmed us last year, but we were so elated at the great turnout. It really put the EMRRC on the map! berk :D
Last edited by berkmeister on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

berkmeister
Railroadfan...fan

Zack, thank you for the invitation; i might just take you up on that! I enjoy your website, glad i became a member, it has answered my questions well and i enjoy reading many of the postings. There are lots of active members on this site and i get the impression that there are some real "characters" in your member list!!! I'll look forward to meeting you and some of these "characters" at the NYC museum in Sept. I've been to the museum several times over the recent years, it's a good place to hang out inside and look at real trains outside! I usually park just east of the Amtrak station when i get to that part of town to see trains. By the way, i'm going to drop off some club Open House flyers at the museum this Saturday morning. The EMRRC is only approx.4-5 miles southwest of the museum! Zack, hope to see you later, berkmeister. :D