C&O Ludington/Saginaw Division Blog

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
stfdbeeker
Railroadfan...fan

C&O Ludington/Saginaw Division Blog

Unread post by stfdbeeker »

For all of you are interested I have started a blog on the construction of my layout at the following address: http://coludingtondivision-brandonbeaudoin.blogspot.com . I have just started getting to work on it but the layout is WELL under way. If you have any questions or comments on the layout please feel free to send them my way and I will work/answer them as best I can!
Thanks
Brandon

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: C&O Ludington/Saginaw Division Blog

Unread post by AARR »

This may be very inspirational for Buster Manning. Get the lead out BM and get going on your C&O Ludington/Saginaw Division :P

Looking forward to your updates Brandon!
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

astrovanman1989
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by astrovanman1989 »

me to since i live near the ludington sub near freeland mi
member of the
Soo Line historical society
DSS&A historical society
http://www.youtube.com/user/tricityrailfan

sdnelson
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by sdnelson »

Brandon,

I'm doing the Ionia sub from Grand Ledge to Ionia. I have track plans from the turn of the century but I'm modeling in the 50's and haven't found exact track plans of Ionia in that era. Have you run in to anything that would help me? I grew up there but the memories are a little hazy.

Sandy
stfdbeeker wrote:For all of you are interested I have started a blog on the construction of my layout at the following address: http://coludingtondivision-brandonbeaudoin.blogspot.com . I have just started getting to work on it but the layout is WELL under way. If you have any questions or comments on the layout please feel free to send them my way and I will work/answer them as best I can!
Thanks
Brandon

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

The 8905 you have is awesome.

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Buster Manning »

sdnelson, there is a photo of a C&O train on the Ionia branch that is the photo of the day TODAY!!!(changes daily) on the C&O Historical Society website; you can also purchase copies of photos from the society that are reasonably priced--helps to be a member too--as I have purchased quite a few of the Ludington area. You can get on the site and get a listing of photos that pertain to your area and then preview them before purchasing them too. I would recommend becoming a member if you are doing any kind of modeling the C&O, if nothing else for the newsletter as it is probably the best one out there IMHO 8)

stfdbeeker
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by stfdbeeker »

I could check to see if i have anything on that branch. I ahve aquired quite a few pictures and track plans for the area and i might have some for that. the 8905 is a great locomotive from Atlas I bought one but I like it so much I might get the 8903 and 04 that they have. I hope they produce the 9712 but I will have to wait for that run to come out. I just got off a 48hr shift at the station so as soon as i get my uniforms cleaned up I plan on updating the blog this evening. if there is or are any questions on what I have so far I would love to hear them!

Thanks
Brandon

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Buster Manning wrote:sdnelson, there is a photo of a C&O train on the Ionia branch that is the photo of the day TODAY!!!(changes daily) on the C&O Historical Society website; you can also purchase copies of photos from the society that are reasonably priced--helps to be a member too--as I have purchased quite a few of the Ludington area. You can get on the site and get a listing of photos that pertain to your area and then preview them before purchasing them too. I would recommend becoming a member if you are doing any kind of modeling the C&O, if nothing else for the newsletter as it is probably the best one out there IMHO 8)
I know there was a auto parts plant in Lyon (reached by short industrial track about 1/2 mile long) and feed mill in Eagle. Ionia had a bunch of customers plus interchange with GTW.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...