EssenHaus Train Show

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
GAP
Railroadfan...fan

EssenHaus Train Show

Unread post by GAP »

The train show at the EssenHaus in Middlebury Indiana is this weekend. For those of us in southwestern Michigan it's quite close, within about 50 miles. If the weather is good perhaps the day will end in Elkhart watching the 1:1 scale.

berkmeister
Railroadfan...fan

Re: EssenHaus Train Show

Unread post by berkmeister »

The show is from 9:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M., Saturday, Febuary 18, 2012. Nice you mentioned the show GAP! I'll have a table there with mostly N-Scale and some HO-Scale goodies. Essenhaus opened a third building on campus to house an increasing number of vendors this year.This new venue will be called The Heritage House, it'll be northeast of the Bakery/Restaurant complex across C.R. 16, on the north side of this county road. Essenhaus will provide shuttle buses to take anyone who doesn't want to walk between vendor buildings. This show features clinics, workshops and children's crafts so there'll be something for the whole family to enjoy. Did i mention the Amish-style restaurant and Bakery? :D I will be at the Heritage House across the road, hope to see some railroadfan.com board members there. Berkmeister

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

As someone who not only loves the Essenhaus(I've only been going there for 20+ years to eat), but also did the trainshow the last two years as a vendor, I STRONGLY encourage you folks to attend this show! Not only can you buy a lot of trains, you can fill your belly with some great tasting food as well :mrgreen:
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

berkmeister
Railroadfan...fan

conrailman75 wrote:As someone who not only loves the Essenhaus(I've only been going there for 20+ years to eat), but also did the trainshow the last two years as a vendor, I STRONGLY encourage you folks to attend this show! Not only can you buy a lot of trains, you can fill your belly with some great tasting food as well :mrgreen:
Conrailman75: You gonna be a vendor this year or are you just gonna visit this show? Berkmeister

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

Neither, gotta save my money so I can afford to move to Ohio in a few weeks :) You gonna be in Ft. Wayne on the 25th? I'll definitely be at that show.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

berkmeister
Railroadfan...fan

Yeah, i'll be at Ft. Wayne on the 25th and at New Haven on the 3rd of March. Then it's the Nappanee show on March 17th and the South Bend show on the 18th of March. Yep, i'll be a busybody for the next several weeks. See you soon Chris! Berk

AC60CW
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AC60CW »

Show was ok, I suppose. I got a structure for my layout (Magic Pan Bakery-Walthers) and an Amtrak Superliner coach car. Was very disappointed in the food, the chicken seemed to be same that you get at truck stops. Was turned off by the FWRHS. Mentioned how I was interested in volunteering in the near future sometime, their response was enough to really sway me to seek another place to volunteer at.
After the show, the wife and I headed to Merrillville, Indiana to buy $70 in chocolate from a candy factory there. :D :lol:
Avatar image use with permission of Elmo Bass http://elmo.rrpicturearchives.net/