Steamup in Grand Rapids MI June 16, 2012

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
Steamlogger
Railroadfan...fan

Steamup in Grand Rapids MI June 16, 2012

Unread post by Steamlogger »

It's that time of the year again. The Pine Ridge Lumber Co. will be hosting a steamup on Saturday June 16, 2012 from 9:00 to 6:00. We are located in Jenison, MI which is just west of Grand Rapids.
I have just completed rebuilding the track after 15 years. The main loop has 32' diameter curves with no grade. There is also a branch line with 20' diameter curves and grades. Turnouts are #6 and #8.

If you have Live Steam or battery powered "G" trains bring them to run. Or come out to see a variety of live steam trains.

Send me an email staemlogger at yahoo.com if you want more information.

Later this summer the NMRA national convention will be in Grand Rapids and my RR will be on the layout tour. We will be open on Monday July 30, Wednesday August 1, and Friday August 3, 2012 Plan your vacation now and bring your trains to run

Steamlogger
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Steamup in Grand Rapids MI June 16, 2012

Here is the RR as seen when first entering the back yard.

Another angle from just behind the garage.

This is the main line loop. The bridge is out to allow access to inside the loop.

Here is the pond with future sawmill area.

And finally the view back toward the garage.

Steamlogger
Railroadfan...fan

Track work is complete.
Completed three track yard with room for 25' long trains.
Wye track is has been installed.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I respect the work you put into your layout steamlogger. Do you have your own equipment to run on it? Do you conduct operation sessions with realistic operations or just run around the loop and enjoy the sounds and view?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Steamlogger
Railroadfan...fan

AARR, Here is a video that I took last fall of my largest loco.

It is a 1:20 model of East Broad Top #12 made by Accucraft. I also have a couple small 0-4-0s and a two truck Shay (that is where Steamlogger comes from)

I have some spur tracks and will do some switching from time to time. Most visiting engineers will just run on one of the two loops.

Robb

GP9R
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GP9R »

Steamlogger wrote:AARR, Here is a video that I took last fall of my largest loco.

It is a 1:20 model of East Broad Top #12 made by Accucraft. I also have a couple small 0-4-0s and a two truck Shay (that is where Steamlogger comes from)

I have some spur tracks and will do some switching from time to time. Most visiting engineers will just run on one of the two loops.

Robb
Robb, its too bad you don't have it set up for use with track power engines. I've got a West Side Lumber shay I would love to be able to have a decent run with it. Instead of the little oval of track I bought just to have something to run it on

AveryRdhouse
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AveryRdhouse »

That's quite the change from the layout you had on Marquette st years ago. Looks real good.
Bill

Steamlogger
Railroadfan...fan

Bill, You are correct. We have much more space here for a layout. I made this one able to run the largest steam engines.

Your layout looks great too.

Robb