Thru the wall

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
GAP
Railroadfan...fan

Thru the wall

Unread post by GAP »

Extra time off around Christmas allowed me to begin building a staging yard on the other side of the basement's center wall. Access to it is thru the wall, representing travel from Sault Ste Marie Michigan to Sault Ontario.The new yard represents Steelton Yard on the Algoma central. Some track is now in place and I have run a test engine over it. I have a long weekend ahead and hope to begin operating revenue trains thru the wall.

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Re: Thru the wall

Unread post by Racer »

That sounds cool. Do you have any pictures?
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

GAP
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GAP »

Success! GR-7 made a successful trip north (thru the wall). Sorry I don't have any pictures. To do that I would have to enter the twenty-first century and I haven't made it there yet.

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

Been comtemplating this from my layout room to the closet in the ajoining room for staging. Just haven't had the heart to cut into the wall yet...

Practice Safe CSX

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

CSX_CO wrote:Been comtemplating this from my layout room to the closet in the ajoining room for staging. Just haven't had the heart to cut into the wall yet...

Practice Safe CSX
No guts No glory :wink:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

AARR wrote:
CSX_CO wrote:Been comtemplating this from my layout room to the closet in the ajoining room for staging. Just haven't had the heart to cut into the wall yet...

Practice Safe CSX
No guts No glory :wink:
If one day you're left explaining how that got there, just say it was your pet mouse.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Proto48Patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Proto48Patrick »

I had to cut a "tunnel" in a load bearing wall. I figured since I basically took over the basement and built a permanent layout...no one was gonna complain about a 8X8" hole in a wall
Patrick Welch