Help needed, although probably futile

Questions on editing, camera settings, equipment, critiques, how to upload photos, etc....
msurailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Help needed, although probably futile

Unread post by msurailfan »

Alright guys I hate to put this up because these kind of things never end well, but here we go.

My camera was stolen out of my car last night. Don't ask how, I haven't a clue. I locked my car (as I always do) and there was no sign of forced entry. You're just going to have to take my word for it. So here's my plea:

If any of you could maybe keep an eye out on eBay or craigslist or the like (which I'm planning on hawking for the next 3 weeks), and keep a look out for the following, I would be very appreciative:

Canon 40D DSLR
Sigma EX DG 24-70mm
Sigma EX DG 70-300mm

I know this stuff isn't great, but it was my first DSLR and a gift from my parents and that camera meant a LOT to me. All of the above was in a Zeikos camera bag, maybe 12x6x10 - ish. I'm thinking that if it's going to be sold, it will be sold as a package, since a few lens caps and other miscellaneous hardware was not in the bag.

Like I said, even if everyone in the world looked, it probably wouldn't be found. Especially if they split it up into pieces. I've already filed a police report and I'm seeing what I can recover from insurance, but early indications say not much. If, by chance, any of you stumble upon something that resembles the above, please PM me immediately. I'm hoping for a miracle here guys.
Also, mods if this is not the appropriate forum, please move.

conrailmike
Signal Maintainer
Location: Less than 100' from CSX (LSRC) Saginaw Sub. MP 61.4 in Highland, MI

Re: Help needed, although probably futile

Unread post by conrailmike »

Sorry to hear about your loss, I hope you get your equipment back....truly a bummer.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

I'll keep an eye out. Good luck!
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

JANGAJONGA
Epic Fail B34 Master

Unread post by JANGAJONGA »

aw man that stinks. ill also keep an eye out!

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

And this is why I have insurance on my camera equipment. The price of insurance is a drop in the bucket compared to how much I'd lose if my camera gear was stolen.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

msurailfan
Railroadfan...fan

J T wrote:And this is why I have insurance on my camera equipment. The price of insurance is a drop in the bucket compared to how much I'd lose if my camera gear was stolen.
I do too, but since it was stolen at school, not at home, we were told that the claim would not likely be approved since it didn't occur at my permanent residence. We're trying to fight it, hoping for a better outcome, but that's what we've been told so far. So as of now, I'm SOL.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

msurailfan wrote:
J T wrote:And this is why I have insurance on my camera equipment. The price of insurance is a drop in the bucket compared to how much I'd lose if my camera gear was stolen.
I do too, but since it was stolen at school, not at home, we were told that the claim would not likely be approved since it didn't occur at my permanent residence. We're trying to fight it, hoping for a better outcome, but that's what we've been told so far. So as of now, I'm SOL.
Really? If my camera is stolen out of my car, it's covered. Car, home, wherever.
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

msurailfan
Railroadfan...fan

J T wrote:
msurailfan wrote:
Really? If my camera is stolen out of my car, it's covered. Car, home, wherever.
That's why we're trying to fight it. Not sure, but that's what we've been told.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

msurailfan wrote: That's why we're trying to fight it. Not sure, but that's what we've been told.
Sometimes you have to raise all kinds of heck with an insurance company to get them to pay out - no matter how legitimate the claim is...
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

msurailfan wrote: That's why we're trying to fight it. Not sure, but that's what we've been told.
That's too bad, man. Good luck and I hope you get them to cover it.