Car train video

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Car train video

Unread post by Scooterb »

Car train video from police dash cam .

http://www.wtoctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5718846

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

http://www.wtoc.com/Global/story.asp?S=5719414

Sgt. Helps Rescue Driver From Stuck Vehicle
DASH CAM VIDEO: Train vs. Car

Sgt. Loren Scholes had just pulled up to the railroad crossing at Gulfstream Road and Highway 21 when he saw something on the tracks.

"I noticed something shimmering here on this corner. I couldn't tell where it was or what it was," said Scholes.

It was a car stuck on the tracks! His first reaction? Get the driver to leave the car and get off tracks.

Time was of the essence!

"I noticed down at Dean Forest Road about two miles south of here, I could see a train coming at us, so I told the guy again to hurry and get whatever he needed out of the car," said Scholes.

The man told Scholes the car belonged to a friend and he was not ready to give in just yet.

"As the arms were coming down and the bell was dinging, as we were leaving the car headed back toward safety he suddenly turns and heads back to the car. I had to get him again and order him away from the car," said Scholes.

And not a moment too soon.

"Unreal, the amount of instant damage to the vehicle was almost like watching a bomb explode. I don't see how people can not respect a train for what it is," said Scholes.

The car ended up more than 400 feet down the tracks, mangled and destroyed. But the man driving it is alive to tell about it, thanks to Sgt. Scholes who was at the right place at the right time.

Reported by: David Hall, dhall@wtoc.com

I like this quote

"Unreal, the amount of instant damage to the vehicle was almost like watching a bomb explode. I don't see how people can not respect a train for what it is," said Scholes.

Railzfan
SpecialDuty

Unread post by Railzfan »

Great Video! If you really pay attention you can hear the squeal of the brakes just as the video ends.

Also the media is sending a real good message to the public by taking the interview on the tracks!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
~Andrew Kersting

Website - Rocky Mountain Custom Models

Long Live the Denver & Rio Grande Western!

markvz
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by markvz »

I travel that road regularly. The trains really move in that area as you can see. It figures that I hear nothing about it in the Savannah area but I see it on this board while I'm visiting family in Michigan.