Camp children on tracks halt Alaska Railroad train

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
R.E.A.P.E.R.
Railroadfan...fan

Camp children on tracks halt Alaska Railroad train

Unread post by R.E.A.P.E.R. »

Sullivan said the train's engineer spotted the kids -- nearly 50 of them, plus a dozen leaders -- spread out along three-tenths of a mile of tracks ahead of the train which was traveling at about 40 mph and stopped 500 feet from the campers.

The director of the Bear Valley Community Association says the children were never in danger but railroad police issued her a reckless endangerment citation......

http://www.ktuu.com/news/ktuu-ak-railro ... 1580.story

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: Camp children on tracks halt Alaska Railroad train

Unread post by AARR »

R.E.A.P.E.R. wrote:The director of the Bear Valley Community Association says the children were never in danger......
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: Camp children on tracks halt Alaska Railroad train

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Lucky it wasn't a freight train! Glad no one was hurt......

My grandparents are headed up there for a tour of Alaska and will be riding the train from I wanna say Seward to Fairbanks.....they're still on the cruise portion though...
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow