Police - Railfans

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
DT&I
Commodore Perry

Police - Railfans

Unread post by DT&I »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrtGuPc2HUs
Guys out at 1 AM stopped by police. But look at both sides of the ball here folks.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Police - Railfans

Unread post by AARR »

Seems like both sides handled themselves ok too me. Let's face it, to the average person what we as railfans do looks odd so I am not surprised the police officer asked some tough questions.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Tom
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Tom »

A simple "yes sir" and moving his bicycle to the sidewalk would have sufficed. Trying to "teach" the cops about property boundaries or railfanning was a bad decision. If the guy had kept talking more and more cops would've showed up. Keeping his wallet in his pocket (not in a bag on the ground and laminated) would have done a lot to reinforce his claim of normalcy.

Two chatty adults on bicycles at 1 am would have me more concerned for their safety than anything else.

Huelsy'sTrainBlog
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Huelsy'sTrainBlog »

Tom wrote:A simple "yes sir" and moving his bicycle to the sidewalk would have sufficed. Trying to "teach" the cops about property boundaries or railfanning was a bad decision. If the guy had kept talking more and more cops would've showed up. Keeping his wallet in his pocket (not in a bag on the ground and laminated) would have done a lot to reinforce his claim of normalcy.

Two chatty adults on bicycles at 1 am would have me more concerned for their safety than anything else.
Exactly!

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

" Trained Monkeys " I'd like to compare pay checks with that guy.

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

The cops seemed reasonable enough. There is no point in trying to educate cops about train watching. The guy sure has a whiney voice. :lol:
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".