FEC Operations

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

FEC Operations

Unread post by Racer »

This weekend and the beginning of next week, Rsinoms and I will be in the Daytona Beach, Florida area and would like to foam the FEC a few times. Is anyone familiar with the FEC's operations of what typically runs through Daytona Beach during the daylight hours? Thank you in advance.
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Re: FEC Operations

Unread post by railohio »

I don't have specifics, but my impression is that there's not a lot during the day on the line. I believe there's a regular southbound intermodal train about midday that's fairly reliable that I've seen plenty of photos of, but beyond that it seems to be pretty slim pickings.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

There's (was) 11-12 trains in each direction per day. A Trains Mag from a few years back had the schedule for each train. Do you have that copy, Chris? If not I'll see if I can find it and post here.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

lakeshoredave
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by lakeshoredave »

you are right on about the night time operations. most fec trains run at night. your best bet is to get on the fecrailway yahoo group for more information.

chriiis
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by chriiis »

The first southbound traditionally leaves Jacksonville at 2:30pm, so through Daytona roughly at 4. The next will be a few hours later. There'll be a few northbounds strangling north in the morning, and generally one in afternoon. There is local in St.Augustine that the road trains have to pass, i'm not sure if it comes down to Daytona.

The aforementioned Yahoo group will be able to answer any question you have.

Finding an alligator as a prop for your shot is a little harder.