CPKC Derailment in North Dakota.

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

CPKC Derailment in North Dakota.

Unread post by Jochs »

A CPCK train carrying anhydrous ammonia, sulfur, and methanol derailed early this morning near Bordulac, ND.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/05/us/north ... index.html

I didn't know about this earlier today, as I was driving east across North Dakota, and took photos of some rail cars somewhere east of Bismarck, and could see a plume of smoke. I thought it was a grass fire or something. It was way off in the distance, like a 100 miles away. Eastern ND is mostly flat, treeless prairies and farm fields.
DSC_0344.JPG
Jeff O.
Celebrating over 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: CPKC Derailment in North Dakota.

Unread post by AARR »

PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

mowingman
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CPKC Derailment in North Dakota.

Unread post by mowingman »

A friend of mine is involved with a company working that wreck. They have sent in crew from 750 miles away to help.