‘Railroad enthusiast’ accused of causing April train derailment in Bennett, Nebraska

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Re: ‘Railroad enthusiast’ accused of causing April train derailment in Bennett, Nebraska

Unread post by Jochs »

Is this it?
He seemed to react too quickly. like he knew it was coming. It would have taken me longer to register what had just happened and if it was for real.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q97XRpF6SZA
Jeff O.
Celebrating over 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

J T
Hates Supper

Re: ‘Railroad enthusiast’ accused of causing April train derailment in Bennett, Nebraska

Unread post by J T »

The teen showed the investigator a video of the derailment, which was recorded on his cell phone, court documents say. The video was later posted on YouTube by an account suspected to be associated with the teen.

While reviewing security video on April 24, investigators spotted a male walking along the tracks toward the switch, which was out of the camera’s view. They later run back and drive off.
How the hell does a teen go from being referred to as “his” and “male,” to a “they”?

What terrible reporting.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Jim_c
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Jim_c »

J T wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:54 pm
The teen showed the investigator a video of the derailment, which was recorded on his cell phone, court documents say. The video was later posted on YouTube by an account suspected to be associated with the teen.

While reviewing security video on April 24, investigators spotted a male walking along the tracks toward the switch, which was out of the camera’s view. They later run back and drive off.
How the hell does a teen go from being referred to as “his” and “male,” to a “they”?

What terrible reporting.
The reporters don't know if he identifies as a male. So "they" lets them show that they are sensitive to such issues.
Trails to Rails. Put the track back.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

This person throwing the switch, filming it, then going around the crew to be all "whoa, you guys derailed!" - reminds me a lot of Chris Rock's stand-up routine. Paraphrasing:
"People who live next door to you break in your house and come over the next day and go, "I heard you got robbed." Like, you know you robbed me. You ain't hear nothing 'cause you was doing this!"
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Erroneous Monk
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Erroneous Monk »

Has enough gumption to derail a train but doesn't want to swear on video, this guy's funny

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Jim_c wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:07 pm
J T wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:54 pm

What terrible reporting.
The reporters don't know if he identifies as a male. So "they" lets them show that they are sensitive to such issues.
:lol: I guess you didn't read the article or even the previous sentence before the use of "they."
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

I bet the ranch that this kid was no railfan...maybe he was acting as an operative posing as a railfan.
Exit stage left

David Collins
Train Paparazzi

Unread post by David Collins »

https://youtu.be/VLEOQkkVcEc?si=IQUqlTVRjjCJgEEC

You know things are serious when penguinz0 posts about it.
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

Snapchat: daveeed1k