Minnesota snow woes

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
Railnut
BANHAMMERED

Minnesota snow woes

Unread post by Railnut »

Yikes, the blizzard of the century hit yesterday..with more snow this evening...hear in the cities, we are to get 12-18 inches..we are pretty close already.
99% of flights out of MSP were cancelled, I-35 from Albert Lee MN to Ames Iowa was closed (was to be reopened at noon), as well as I-90 from Albert Lee to the South Dakota state line.
The entire southwest corner of Minnesota (South of the Minnesota river and west of I-35) is snowed in, with ALL state and county roads closed, and a state of emergency being declared by around a dozen cities.
As of 12:17, it isn't snowing, but is suposed to this evening.
Dave C

Mike H
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Mike H »

Dave,
When did you move to Minnesota? I assume that you had to move do to the limited number of jobs. Do you think you will be coming back anytime soon? It has been snowing here all day but its not really adding up.
Mike H

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

I'm not saying Minnesota did not get dumped on, but is it really the "Storm of the Century"? I hear that term bantered about so often that naturally I become leary any time it is mentioned? :roll:

Railnut
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by Railnut »

LOL, I used the "blizzard of the century" very loosly..it was the worst one, two, punch they have had in a long time.
Dave C