Italian Police Ticket......A Train?

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Italian Police Ticket......A Train?

Unread post by Racer »

I was watching the italian news today with my dad (We have Dish Network). There was a funny story from Ortona, Italy (The region my dad's side of the family is from) had highway camera on their main highway clocked an automobile going 170kph. Due to a mishap on reading the license captured on the camera, they sent the ticket to the owner of the vehicle that THEY THOUGHT had that license and it turned out that the license plate they recorded was to a kid's train that runs on side-walks in a theme park an hour north up the same expressway. The theme park opposed against the ticket because they're train could barley go 10mph with the 3 carrages behind it and the ticket was for 110mph. In the end, they laughed and corrected it and the original person they were after received their ticket.
Last edited by Racer on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

SteveTJ
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Italian Police Ticket......A Train?

Unread post by SteveTJ »

Chrisracer8903 wrote:I was watching the italian news today (We have Dish Network)

What a funny news story. Gotta love some of that international programming we carry.
My YouTube Videos
www.youtube.com/stevetj001