Sterling Yard - Christmas 09 - NS power

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Sterling Yard - Christmas 09 - NS power

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

3:00pm

-2 NS Roadunits ( SD-70s or Dash 8 or whatever ) , could not get any numbers were back to back in front of yard office.

-A GE short hood unit facing north ( either an old Dash 8 or a B-30 series ) was on the next track over.

-The local switcher was parked over on the last track next to the Docks spur.

-Strange because usually the engines are in the opposite places with the local switcher next to the yard office.

-Ford Axle is continuing to be switched as I seen boxcars in different places than the last time.

10:10pm

-Nothing appeared to move.

-A flashing red light ( end of train ) was flashing on the north end of one of the yard tracks. I thing it was the B-38 and not 31M as no engines appeared to move.

crnodak1sd70m-2
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Sterling Yard - Christmas 09 - NS power

Unread post by crnodak1sd70m-2 »

On my way back from my sisters I stopped by Sterling yard to see what was there.
12-25-09
NS 7649 ? w/ NS 9474 DASH9-40CW.
NS 2543 SD-70
NS 5275 GP38-2

I don't have to go back to work until the 11th of Jan. Most of the Chrysler plants are down until then.
SHAP, Dodge City (8 Mile Truck Plant), Brampton (Challenger & Charger Canada).
Chuck in Detroit / NODAK1
7 Mile & Van Dyke area, just
west of Mt, Clemens Sub.

mike nowakowski
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by mike nowakowski »

Any body ever looked at the locomotives in the north end of Sterling Yard in the Sunny Brook Bowling alley i did and got yelled at by sombody for doing it in the Bowling place anybody had this happen, Watch out.
Love all class 1 railroads in USA and Canada, and short lines in michigan

Please, Check out my youtube acount its http://www.youtube.com/MTNRailProductions

Train Stuff and pictures and such: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikenowakowski/

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

mike nowakowski wrote:Any body ever looked at the locomotives in the north end of Sterling Yard in the Sunny Brook Bowling alley i did and got yelled at by sombody for doing it in the Bowling place anybody had this happen, Watch out.
I've looked at some train equipment from that location several times but no one has ever said anything. Thanks for the heads up though I'll keep an eye open next time I'm there.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...