CSX MI Train Location Update 2/27/10

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
PPWIII
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CSX MI Train Location Update 2/27/10

Unread post by PPWIII »

Here is that shot of 151 coming into the yard with an eastbound leaving.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

PPWIII wrote:Here is that shot of 151 coming into the yard with an eastbound leaving.
Nice shot Pete :) The interurban bridge offers some good views up there.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

AveryRdhouse
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AveryRdhouse »

I'm beginning to think that maybe the Marquette should only run the road train to GR once a week. If we held onto all the cars the whole week and then put all of our operable....Heee Heee Heee units on the train, we could really save on fuel and crew expenses. Just imagine.....7 or 8 units, 689 cars and over 21.000 feet long. I must submit my plan to management immediately. And then to further cut expenses, let the office help run the train. I'll be at the bottom of Newaygo hill, with my camera waiting for the big bang.
Bill

i995impalass
Yooper Foamer

Unread post by i995impalass »

AveryRdhouse wrote:I'm beginning to think that maybe the Marquette should only run the road train to GR once a week. If we held onto all the cars the whole week and then put all of our operable....Heee Heee Heee units on the train, we could really save on fuel and crew expenses. Just imagine.....7 or 8 units, 689 cars and over 21.000 feet long. I must submit my plan to management immediately. And then to further cut expenses, let the office help run the train. I'll be at the bottom of Newaygo hill, with my camera waiting for the big bang.

Dosen't Help you guys keep putting the engines on the ground!! :wink: :lol:

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

1 car at the plastics place in Sparta today and 4 CH's (been there a while) in Kent City at the old elevator track. 1 box at Van's. Didn't check Ambassador, Weeks or West MI Rail.

muskegonrr
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by muskegonrr »

AveryRdhouse wrote:And then to further cut expenses, let the office help run the train. I'll be at the bottom of Newaygo hill, with my camera waiting for the big bang.
I think that Kowasowski and the Roller Goalie would make a successful team of a 700 car train. We would even have the time to drop some W&W Hook business cards off the Newaygo Bridge and to the darn darn Keeper!
Wooooooo Woooooooo

i995impalass
Yooper Foamer

Unread post by i995impalass »

muskegonrr wrote:
AveryRdhouse wrote:And then to further cut expenses, let the office help run the train. I'll be at the bottom of Newaygo hill, with my camera waiting for the big bang.
I think that Kowasowski and the Roller Goalie would make a successful team of a 700 car train. We would even have the time to drop some W&W Hook business cards off the Newaygo Bridge and to the darn darn Keeper!
HA! Just have to switch it in blocks of 151.
PPWIII wrote:Here is that shot of 151 coming into the yard with an eastbound leaving.

Your CSX train in the picture cannot use the crossover in question to get to the sunny side track 151 is on, it would take a reverse move- this is why 335 was held at Plesent.

amtrak1007
MP 25 Productions Co-Founder

Unread post by amtrak1007 »

PPWIII wrote:Exactly what I said, I don't know the track well enough to really comment. I gather than that you can't bring in a train from the east while one is leaving for the north under any circumstances. On the other hand I took a photo of 151 coming into town and I think 326 leaving a couple of weeks ago, which would seem to be the reverse move.
http://gllx3001facts.com/maps/GrandRapidsTerminal.pdf
http://gllx3001facts.com/pere_marquette ... etteRy.php

enjoy the bird's eye view :P