IAIS business train heads up

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Re: IAIS business train heads up

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Should be at least to Brewster by now. Last I heard 2200 WLE crew out of Lima last night.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

Trainorders says it is indeed in Brewster as of 0900 on Thursday. Should depart 1100-1130.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

railohio wrote:Trainorders says it is indeed in Brewster as of 0900 on Thursday. Should depart 1100-1130.
Boy, they're really running that thing against the sun the whole way! Crappy high sun departure and then from Pittsburgh Jct. east it's pretty much a due east line so it'll be coming right out of the sun...

Although - if it weren't so dang far away (4 hour drive for me one way) this'd be the "money shot" for late afternoon evening (catching the train heading compass NE):

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=284657

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=40.411 ... l=17&sty=h

Hope someone gets it.

Michael
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

midland sub wrote:According to That Guy on the I&O South End thread it's:

40 mph Tolleston-Fort Wayne
30 mph Fort Wayne to Lima
40 mph Lima to Crestline

Wouldn't they be able the FRA passenger speed for section of the above trackage? Obviously 49 is going to be the max. The CIncinnati Railway excursions over different parts of the I&O usually did.

The RA management riders are nothing more than a courtesy to the IAIS to get the train over the CFE. Sort of like the Chapel Hill trip from Cincy to Diann last year on the I&O, especially the Midland and CSX sections.....
It's only 25 mph from Ft. Wayne to Lima. 20mph head-end restriction over all automatic interlockers in TWC.

strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by strugglin »

So it did come through Ohio last night in darkness. darn it, we must keep this thread going when it makes its return trip, I need to make the drive up from Columbus to see it. I'm still pissed about UP #1995 coming back west in darkness after it came east in daylight, by the time I catch wind of these things, it's usually too late already....

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

Latest from TO:
TO wrote: Date: 07/01/10 14:07
Re: IAIS into Rook
Author: dbrcnw
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of 13:16 the Iowa Interstate executive train was sitting at Jewett, Ohio on the WLE. He is waiting for trackwork at the tunnel just east of Pittsburgh Junction to clear up. The work crew has until 16:30, or earlier if they finish before then, to clear up. If the track isn't released until 16:30 it will be around 18:30 at Rook. It could be earlier but it's not likely that they're going to take a large track crew off early just to move an engine and two empty cars.

Dale
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

That Guy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by That Guy »

Mr. Tops you may want to look at my original post, it says 25mph. It never said 30. Not sure where you got that from. And yes you are correct on the TWC and 20mph HEO for all the diamonds, except CN Crossing.

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

That Guy wrote:Mr. Tops you may want to look at my original post, it says 25mph. It never said 30. Not sure where you got that from. And yes you are correct on the TWC and 20mph HEO for all the diamonds, except CN Crossing.
I know it does, I saw it. You didn't notice the quote in my message? Midland Sub posted the speed limits here, I was just kindly correcting him. :wink: CN Crossing is not in Rule 171 TWC limits, technically; it is the beginning of Rule 261 ABS territory (going WB), that's why it is good for 40 and hence why I said "all automoatic interlockers in TWC territory" have the 20 mph HE restriction. But I'm not telling you anything you don't already know :wink:

While you are here, curious as to what the OCS used for a train symbol. Didn't hear it when they called out the signal at Hanna.

That Guy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by That Guy »

It was a mess.

In Blue Island Yard it was the X540
Past Dolton Tower till Tolleston it was the P910-30
Once on the CFE it was the FWEX.

Also in regards as to why the diamonds are 20 mph HEO, also has to do with having a fixed distant signal. Now if the distant signals were able to indicate the condition of the diamond, you could do track speed over the diamonds. I can't recall the rule number off the TOP of my head from the CFR on it.

You sure are missin' it here though. Working non-stop. 74 hours last week.

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

So there were two X540s then as the REAL X540 was running at the same time. They must have used different dates in the symbols. I see there are postings on the RA website for several replacements in Ft. Wayne and one in Lima. I heard the WAVA has been doing the IHB interchange a lot lately as you guys are quite short handed.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

Apparently it went through Rook to Bruceton where it sat overnight to move across the AVR this morning (per a post on TO).

Michael

And there's one shot on rp.net so far:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=330126
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by strugglin »

So, if this train is going to the Womens US Open, does that mean we will not see it return until next week after the holiday?

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

It is supposed to return west on June 12th. So, it will probably be through western Ohio and Indiana on the 13th.

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

It is sitting in AVR's/CSX Glenwood yard tucked back under the intermodal crane, it is heading to Oakmont on Monday

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Mr. Tops wrote:It is supposed to return west on June 12th. So, it will probably be through western Ohio and Indiana on the 13th.
June? :wink: :lol:
Bottom text.

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Y@ wrote:
Mr. Tops wrote:It is supposed to return west on June 12th. So, it will probably be through western Ohio and Indiana on the 13th.
June? :wink: :lol:
Yes, it already returned west, about 3 weeks ago... :lol:

July 12th.

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

Wasn't able to get a good shot of if but i did get it sitting at the AVR yard. http://glc-392.rrpicturearchives.net/sh ... id=2127224 i will get some better shots of it tomorrow in Oakmont.

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bdconrail29 »

Bringin' this back to the top. Anybody have any additional info? Thanks.
Brett

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

This thing's still scheduled to leave Pittsburgh tomorrow, right?

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

Yes it is leaving tomorrow being handed off from the AVR to the WLE at 1100. As of now it is still at Oakmont with a dinner party going on, on it.