UP 1982 coming east - K64821

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: UP 1982 coming east - K64821

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Train has still not left Willard from reports.

Mattsquatch, did you fire off a shot just before this when the train was still in the sun? Also I see part of a hi-railer next to them, that might have added to the shot to get them totally in the pic.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

I did but I think it will be too much of a crop job, but I will see what I can do. Actually the shot just before the nose was still in cloud, it would have to be two before, when the loco was even with the front of the truck.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

sd70accsxt700 wrote:I did but I think it will be too much of a crop job, but I will see what I can do. Actually the shot just before the nose was still in cloud, it would have to be two before, when the loco was even with the front of the truck.
Might be a winner if you can make it work! I did that once where I intentionally picked the frame showing a meet with a highrail truck:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=275539
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

Actual location update - report from the field has it still sitting in Willard as of 4:30PM...

Regards,
Michael
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

MDH wrote:Actual location update - report from the field has it still sitting in Willard as of 4:30PM...

Regards,
Michael
And now it's getting to the point where the light (if any) is getting worse and worse for eastbounds. Sucks to be anyone waiting for it at Greenwich and even worse for those in Berea... or me sitting in front of my computer in Columbus realizing that I probably had enough time to get up to somewhere and see it. Hope it stays cloudy, I guess.

And all the locomotives are facing east except for the one scuzzbucket CSX widenose GE that will probably take it west later this week.

conrailmike
Signal Maintainer
Location: Less than 100' from CSX (LSRC) Saginaw Sub. MP 61.4 in Highland, MI

Unread post by conrailmike »

Reports are saying that it went through Greenwich @ 18:30

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

I was lined up for that train out of Villa Grove for the longest time, but they snuck an IMNCSR on the lineup at the last second which lined me up for QNPSKP. Both the ethanol (UEAWXD) train and QNPSKP (CSX Q390) were rerouted at Gibbon, NE down through StL and back up to Chicago due to congestion.

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

For what it's worth, it was by Wellington at exactly 1900, according to a report on the CSX_Albany_GreatLakes Yahoo! Group.

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

Mr. Tops wrote:I was lined up for that train out of Villa Grove for the longest time, but they snuck an IMNCSR on the lineup at the last second which lined me up for QNPSKP. Both the ethanol (UEAWXD) train and QNPSKP (CSX Q390) were rerouted at Gibbon, NE down through StL and back up to Chicago due to congestion.
Gee, congestion on the UP across eastern Nebraska and Iowa. Who would have thought?

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Not Suprirsing on all the congestion, they are having major flooding concerns all out in the Middle of the US.

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

Ok Ok , Where are all the photo,s You lucky dogs.
Mark it Zero.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

JUST AARON wrote:Ok Ok , Where are all the photo,s You lucky dogs.
I'll deliver that!!! :lol: :D

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=332161
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by strugglin »

I had an absolutely brutal day, drove 100 miles from Columbus to Greenwich, no cell phone signal within 30 miles of there. Arrived at 3:00, another railfan showed up at 4:00, knew nothing about the train and their cell phone had no service either. Started raining at 4:30 straight through until 5:00, and there wasn't a single train between 4-5 and all red signals. With no communication and the rain for over half an hour, we left and I drove to Willard and followed the line the entire way. Arrived in Willard around 5:15, no cell phone signal there either, circled the entire yard, went down every road, couldn't find the train anywhere. Figured it must've come through between 2:30-3:00 before I got to Greenwich, decided to head to Attica to take Route 4 back home. Got to Attica around 6:00, finally got cell service, called my brother, he said it hadn't come through Berea yet and was probably still in the yard, I doubled back but was probably a half hour behind it by that point. I did get to see quite a few trains tough, there were 3 UP's and 2 CSX's on a train in Willard, and I did get the Fruit Salad Express WB with 3 UPs coming into Willard around 6:30, so the day wasn't a total loss. But those two trains would have come through Greenwich within minutes of each other.

ConrailForever
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailForever »

Got lucky with a nice opening in the clouds. Sitting in the RP queue right now, hoping for the best. :)

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Ouch Strugglin... wouldn't it be nice if data plans on more cell phone plans were cheaper so a majority of people could afford to have internet service on their phone? If so, could have checked the site while you were out and saw the updates on this thread.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

strugglin
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by strugglin »

railroadfan wrote:Ouch Strugglin... wouldn't it be nice if data plans on more cell phone plans were cheaper so a majority of people could afford to have internet service on their phone? If so, could have checked the site while you were out and saw the updates on this thread.
Oh, I have internet on my phone and can check this site and trainorders with no issue. I just can't use it where there is no cell service. That's what killed me, if my phone worked, I could've refreshed this thread in a second. I asked the other railfan at Greenwich to use their phone to try to call someone, but they had no service either.

Maybe we'll all get lucky and they will cut the UP power off at Selkirk and send them back on a train on Friday and it comes through in the daylight. I missed UP 1995 a few months back also due to it coming back at night. Only this time I may just drive to Fostoria to see it since I know I get cell service there.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

ConrailForever wrote:Got lucky with a nice opening in the clouds. Sitting in the RP queue right now, hoping for the best. :)
Nice job! http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=332165

Michael
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

Ohiorailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Ohiorailfan »

Has it reached Selkirk yet?

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

Ohiorailfan wrote:Has it reached Selkirk yet?
Hi Ohiorailfan - welcome on board! I don't know where exactly it is but last location update on TO was:

"On the Selkirk Branch.. QC169 left the Chicago Line, heading towards Selkirk"

Posted at 1:45PM

If you're in Ohio, you can assume it should reach Selkirk this afternoon/early evening so the question then becomes what will it come back on? Stay tuned for updates...

Michael
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

Ohiorailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Ohiorailfan »

Hi, good to be aboard. Yes i am in Ohio, awaiting word, i will keep in touch. Thanks