1982 Westbound Watch - K68320

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
rwas
Railroadfan...fan

Re: 1982 Westbound Watch

Unread post by rwas »

If its out of Selkirk at 1730 today when does it come across NW Ohio? Any idea whether there is any chance its tomorrow a.m. after sunrise. Wouldn't be a real good eastern facing photo in the morning but better than not getting it at all. Ron

ConrailForever
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailForever »

rwas wrote:If its out of Selkirk at 1730 today when does it come across NW Ohio? Any idea whether there is any chance its tomorrow a.m. after sunrise. Wouldn't be a real good eastern facing photo in the morning but better than not getting it at all. Ron
It all depends on how many delays it gets hit with, like track work, opposing/higher priority traffic, and trying to get crews for the train. Just keep an eye on the updates whenever (if ever) it finally does leave.

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

BING MAP strikes again, Where is Selkirk yard. Near Cleavland or something?
Mark it Zero.

conrailmike
Signal Maintainer
Location: Less than 100' from CSX (LSRC) Saginaw Sub. MP 61.4 in Highland, MI

Unread post by conrailmike »

No, in Selkirk, NY Always wanted to visit there when Conrail was still around.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

JUST AARON wrote:BING MAP strikes again, Where is Selkirk yard. Near Cleavland or something?
Here's 'ya Bing!

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=42.556 ... rk%2C%20NY
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

ConrailForever wrote:
rwas wrote:If its out of Selkirk at 1730 today when does it come across NW Ohio? Any idea whether there is any chance its tomorrow a.m. after sunrise. Wouldn't be a real good eastern facing photo in the morning but better than not getting it at all. Ron
It all depends on how many delays it gets hit with, like track work, opposing/higher priority traffic, and trying to get crews for the train. Just keep an eye on the updates whenever (if ever) it finally does leave.
Besides these trains usually sit in Buffalo and Willard for upwards of several hours at each yard. Unless something really drastic happens, I am confident that it will pass through some part of Ohio in daylight. A late departure out of Selkirk wouldn't be too bad either.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

I could care less anymore. I want the darn thing to get out of here so everybody can chill about it.
Bottom text.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

Y@ wrote:I could care less anymore. I want the darn thing to get out of here so everybody can chill about it.
Would you care more if it was leading westbound through Deshler in perfect evening sun and you could go get it? :wink: (not that I'm in any way saying it will be, but you never know at this point!)
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

rwas
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rwas »

I for one have not seen it so I probably won't chill til I do. Thanks to all the "railfans" on this site that group together to provide bits and pieces of railfanning info to allow others to be able to take advantage of watching trains. Everybody piecing it together makes it more fun for all concerned. I think thats the intent of the forum for people to contribute. I haven't attended the "meets" and don't know many on here too well but I do enjoy the information passed on to all on this site. Good luck to all who are going to try to catch the return trip. Hope you get to see it. Better than going half way across the country to photograph it. Hope to see ya trackside. Ron

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

MDH wrote:
Y@ wrote:I could care less anymore. I want the darn thing to get out of here so everybody can chill about it.
Would you care more if it was leading westbound through Deshler in perfect evening sun and you could go get it? :wink: (not that I'm in any way saying it will be, but you never know at this point!)
Here's the way I look at it: If I get it in good light, cool. If I get it in sucky light, oh well, at least I saw it. If I don't get it at all, no biggie. Not losing any sleep over it. Yeah, it's a cool unit and a rare catch, but there's no need to absolutely flip out of my mind over it like some people are.
Bottom text.

rwas
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rwas »

Hey Y, I think i'm probably alot older than you. The thing that interests me about these Heritage locos is that it has sentimental value from the "olden" days. The fallen flags are roads that aren't around any more and the fact that you can see a new model loco in the "old" paint schemes does get at least me excited and willing to chase a little more than some. I just wish that some of the other Class 1's would follow suit. I would love to see NS do it. A Southern in the black and gold scheme would be totally awesome to me. Used to love it when we would get some of the SD40-2's especially the high nose ones on the N&W Wabash line. Wish those days were still around. Catch ya later. Always appreciate all your posts. You seem to be pretty involved in the "hobby". Ron

ConrailForever
Railroadfan...fan

How about we keep this as an update thread like it was supposed to be...

rwas
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rwas »

I will be anxiously awaiting the information about the return trip of UP 1982.

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

TO saying crew is now called for 2145 (that's 9:45 PM) with UP 1982 as a trailing unit. Just sayin'.

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

So, That may put it in Waterloo in the AM, Yes?? Just asking.
Mark it Zero.

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

JUST AARON wrote:So, That may put it in Waterloo in the AM, Yes?? Just asking.
What state? Indiana? If that's the case, then you won't see it. I believe there's a Waterloo, New York too but I don't think the Water Level runs through there.
Last edited by cbehr91 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

cbehr91 wrote:
JUST AARON wrote:So, That may put it in Waterloo in the AM, Yes?? Just asking.
Probably.
Probably not, unless there's some type of detour I'm unaware of.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

My $20 is on it leading back out. Just waiting for the first AEI read to confirm it.

Practice Safe CSX

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Y@ your just cranky cause you did not see it the other day. :oops:

Aaron, Waterloo is on the NS, this is on the CSX. A town on the CSX south of you would be somewhere like Breman, or Walkerton.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

ConrailForever
Railroadfan...fan

K683 through Voorheesville, NY at 0100. Don't know if it's leading or not.

Edit: through Amsterdam NY at 1:40am with 1982 leading.