Looking ahead to the Circus - Auburn Hills Nov 10th

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
GTW6401
how bout no

Re: Looking ahead to the Circus - Auburn Hills Nov 10th

Unread post by GTW6401 »

CN brought the power for the Southbound Circus Train to Pontiac this morning on 513. The units are CSXT 8591 and 7587.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

Here's last year's thread for reference - ran a little later than I remember (after lunch in Toledo, not before):

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15418&p=118526&hili ... in#p118526
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

P91015 called for 1115 out of Detroit.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

OaklandCountyCustoms
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by OaklandCountyCustoms »

Stalked the circus train out of orion, led by 8591 solo. 60'ish cars. sitting in pontiac now. CN southbound dropping off cars in the yard with 2 SD60f's. when they dropped off last week there were a slew of flat cars, since one CSX engine was missing, do the crew and cargo travel as 2 separate trains? i'd assume they must. was nice to hear the squeals of the track rounding the curves in pontiac with those heavyweight cars!

chris

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

OaklandCountyCustoms wrote:Stalked the circus train out of orion, led by 8591 solo. 60'ish cars. sitting in pontiac now. CN southbound dropping off cars in the yard with 2 SD60f's. when they dropped off last week there were a slew of flat cars, since one CSX engine was missing, do the crew and cargo travel as 2 separate trains? i'd assume they must. was nice to hear the squeals of the track rounding the curves in pontiac with those heavyweight cars!

chris
It pretty much always runs as a single train, but I've heard there was a derailment or other problem and today's move may be the stocks and coaches only with the flats to follow later. I'm not entirely clear on what you're reporting above, but is that what you saw? (i.e. single engine and no flats?)
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

Russ Hill
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Russ Hill »

By Moterm at 11:22am.

OaklandCountyCustoms
Railroadfan...fan

MDH wrote:
OaklandCountyCustoms wrote:Stalked the circus train out of orion, led by 8591 solo. 60'ish cars. sitting in pontiac now. CN southbound dropping off cars in the yard with 2 SD60f's. when they dropped off last week there were a slew of flat cars, since one CSX engine was missing, do the crew and cargo travel as 2 separate trains? i'd assume they must. was nice to hear the squeals of the track rounding the curves in pontiac with those heavyweight cars!

chris
It pretty much always runs as a single train, but I've heard there was a derailment or other problem and today's move may be the stocks and coaches only with the flats to follow later. I'm not entirely clear on what you're reporting above, but is that what you saw? (i.e. single engine and no flats?)
Thats correct. The train i followed out of orion was only 1 loco #8591 around 9:30am. The train was all passenger cars with the exception being the last 2 cars which were long flats. The rest of my report was that the circus train was delayed in pontiac while a CN train was backing into the yard.

Chris

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Yes your report has me confused too, as the entire circus train flats and all is only 60is cars together, it they only had two flats on the rear, then the train should have only had 40ish cars. Also the train would not be split up unless the actuall circus cars were involved in a incident. Would not have split up the train because of a CN train delaying them. Unless the CN train derailed and they could not get to the circus cars.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Looking at the computer I see CSXT 7 has been added to the train. Crew was on duity at 11:15 and has yet to knock down any signals. If they are on the secondary it will no show anything until they give the blocks back up. So they could be moving, but dont expect them into Toledo for at least another hour at the earlyest. Oh and it only show 42 cars also so they are missing around 22 or so cars.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Now showing as 8777 added. Showing crew out of Toledo orderd also, so it should be south of Delray.

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

This does not look very good for a daylight run down the Toledo Subdivision. Oh well...

CG Tower
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

Reports coming in that 18 loaded flats on the ground.

CG Tower
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/

CharlieX90
Back from "Vacation"

Unread post by CharlieX90 »

Cleared me in the Penford block of the Lincoln Secondary at 2:34 pm with CSXT 7 and 8591 for power.All coaches except for 2 flats on the tail end.

CharlieX90
Back from "Vacation"

Unread post by CharlieX90 »

GTW6401 wrote:CN brought the power for the Southbound Circus Train to Pontiac this morning on 513. The units are CSXT 8591 and 7587.
Looks like that 7587 was left behind to take care of the flatcar section of the train..That being a Stealth painted C40-8 which has been ordered for paint according to the Pre YN2 thread.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

Per field report hit Alexis in N Toledo around 3:30. If they make it quick down the terminal (i.e. no major delays at Vickers, etc.) they'll probably be crew changing at E. Broadway by around 4PM or so. What looks to be a northbound K185 is sitting at Tracy Rd. right now. Could conceivably be on the move south by 4:30 give or take but even at that the sun would be down before they hit Deshler.

Michael
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

CharlieX90 wrote:Looks like that 7587 was left behind to take care of the flatcar section of the train..That being a Stealth painted C40-8 which has been ordered for paint according to the Pre YN2 thread.

I would guess that it is on the ground too. Would not leave it behind if they needed it. And guessing by the fact they added the 7 to it, they needed it.

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

I heard the flat cars derailed at Orion, which is why they didnt make it on the train. When the markup was given to the RL Dispatcher at Delray it was 42 by Zero.
Last edited by GTW6401 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bnsfben
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bnsfben »

Just a small visual update. I made my way over to Orion yard today around 5 P.M. Dont worry I did not go in the yard. I was able to find a road (Giddings?) that you could see the very north end of the yard (closest to the auto plant). I could not see the actual derailment but I could see the train. The train was split up into three tracks. One track had the flat cars with containers on one track on the very end of the yard. The other track seemed to have some vehicles on it. The third track had more flat cars with containers. I also heard a LOT of beeping. It sounded like the beeping of machinery backing up. So I am assuming it was a fairly bad derailment, because the cars were not even in one track. They did not even have the train built and ready to go. From the way it looks, I dont think they could get it out tonight. I was not able to see any locomotives.

WARNING!
I took a look down the main road to the yard that is owned by CN. There are CN cops on top of a hill looking down onto the street and into the yard. It looked like they were snipers, but they were not. So when I saw them, I knew right away not to go in.

Hope this helps some people!

Ben

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

By end of double track Perrysburg @ 5:40 PM

OaklandCountyCustoms
Railroadfan...fan

sd70accsxt700 wrote:Looking at the computer I see CSXT 7 has been added to the train. Crew was on duity at 11:15 and has yet to knock down any signals. If they are on the secondary it will no show anything until they give the blocks back up. So they could be moving, but dont expect them into Toledo for at least another hour at the earlyest. Oh and it only show 42 cars also so they are missing around 22 or so cars.
I had said 60ish as a guess, the passenger cars had small numbers on them and they were running in sequential order, based on those car numbers i thought we could have been close to 60 as i didn't actually count the cars.