Looking ahead to the Circus - Auburn Hills Nov 10th

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
OaklandCountyCustoms
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Looking ahead to the Circus - Auburn Hills Nov 10th

Unread post by OaklandCountyCustoms »

Some pictures from yesterday morning:

Circus train coming out of Orion south of Baldwin/Joslyn on the PO&N led by lone CSX engine.

CSX loco passing me by.

2 flats at the end of the train

Chased the decently paced train to Walton blvd, didn't seem to slow down much for the curve, was nice to hear those rails squeal with the 6 axle loco and some 6 axle heavyweights.

Side view of one of many similar RBBB cars

Circus train entering Pontiac yard. From here the train only advanced to just behind the tower. CN southbound entered the yard shortly thereafter and began to breakdown a small frieght train, tank cars, intermodal, and some auto/box.

CN freight led by my favorite locomotive style, SD60f. Picture on south end of yard backing into yard with a cut of tank cars.

Shot while driving across the tracks. CSX loco with circus train to far right idle, CN 5544 with tank cars farther back and remaining freight left on mainline.

That about summed up my morning.

Chris

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

Great pics, Chris :)
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

Saw a pair of RBBX flats come over the hill at Avon today. Headed to Hawthorne to the Roadmaster. Isn't the Circus Train's reporting marks RBBX? Came out of Kentucky. I figured if they'd been headed to Hawthorne and then onto Beech Grove they may have been from the Detroit boo-boo. I know that they've sent coaches to Beech Grove from time to time for work at the AMTRAK shops. Maybe they picked up another pair of flat cars?

Practice Safe CSX