I&O Delta working southbound today

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

I&O Delta working southbound today

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

By Hamler at 11 AM Tunnel motor 4072 with two covered hoppers of plastic pellets.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: I&O Delta working southbound today

Unread post by AARR »

Maybe a hot load to operate with just 2 cars or there's something in Lima that urgently needs to bring north. Or maybe it's just a regularly scheduled day and that's all there is to carry.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

I think they're the first two cars for Silgan in Ottawa.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

Just about every assignment for the I&O is back on six days a week if there's work to be done.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

They're working in Leipsic, then going to Silgan in Ottawa. Then back to Delta to work Northstar and Fulton County, if they haven't already.
Bottom text.

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

So the spur to Silgan is in place and functional...hope it works out well for Silgan and IORY. Since they came from the north, were the covered hoppers interchanged with IORY at Delta by NS, Diann? or did they come from Flat Rock Yard?
Exit stage left

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

railohio wrote:I think they're the first two cars for Silgan in Ottawa.
Their spur went in darn fast. It was only a few months ago the funds were approved. According to mapquest the plant is several blocks away from the main but I'm presuming that mistaken and it's right along the main with only a short spur track required. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks guys.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

Those ORDC grants for tracks work and spurs for industrial development are typically "shovel" ready and the money is transferred usually the day of the meeting. Putting America to work....

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

redside20 wrote:So the spur to Silgan is in place and functional...hope it works out well for Silgan and IORY. Since they came from the north, were the covered hoppers interchanged with IORY at Delta by NS, Diann? or did they come from Flat Rock Yard?
Not sure, but prolly from the Rock.
Bottom text.

willardgarrett
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by willardgarrett »

railohio wrote:I think they're the first two cars for Silgan in Ottawa.
I don't know which way the switch faces to the new spur, but the same consist came through Columbus Grove southbound. I don't know if they ran around them there so that they could shove them into the spur, or if the cars were not for Ottawa after all.
The B&O mainline through Ohio- the "diamond route"