NS OCS heads up 6/28-6/29

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

NS OCS heads up 6/28-6/29

Unread post by conrailman75 »

The NS OCS train is leaving Chicago tomorrow morning around 9am(guessing EDT railroad time) and running the ex NKP Chicago and Fostoria Districts all the way to Bellevue, OH via Ft. Wayne, IN. Train is expected to get to Ft. Wayne by 2pm and should be in Bellevue by 5pm(my guess). 6/29, Wednesday, the train is running Bellevue down to Bucyrus, then getting on the CF&E and running them Bucyrus to Crestline before regaining NS rails to finish running east to Pittsburgh. Have no idea why the all CF&E route got torpedoed unfortunately. Good luck to all who go out and chase this beautiful train.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Loco_Engr
Railroadfan...fan

Re: NS OCS heads up 6/28-6/29

Unread post by Loco_Engr »

Hearing reports that it is out of Calumet as of 0924 EDT.

rob46580
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rob46580 »

Saw another report saying it was in Plymouth, In at 11:50, if that is eastern time I am heading in to town at Warsaw,IN and will confirm within an hour if it is indeed really on the CF&E !

rob46580
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rob46580 »

Clear of the old Warsaw station at 12:30pm!!! video shortly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoT2IQ44gqQ

railblazer
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railblazer »

I chased it to Warsaw, here are some of my shots from today.
NS OCS Chase by railblazer, on Flickr
This shot was taken in Wanatah, IN.

These three shots were taken in Hamlet, IN

Image[/url]
These two shots were taken in Warsaw, IN

Hope you all enjoyed these shots as much as I enjoyed taking them. :)

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Through Fostoria at 3:47pm.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

StrayWolf716
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by StrayWolf716 »

conrailman75 wrote:The NS OCS train is leaving Chicago tomorrow morning around 9am(guessing EDT railroad time) and running the ex NKP Chicago and Fostoria Districts all the way to Bellevue, OH via Ft. Wayne, IN. Train is expected to get to Ft. Wayne by 2pm and should be in Bellevue by 5pm(my guess). 6/29, Wednesday, the train is running Bellevue down to Bucyrus, then getting on the CF&E and running them Bucyrus to Crestline before regaining NS rails to finish running east to Pittsburgh. Have no idea why the all CF&E route got torpedoed unfortunately. Good luck to all who go out and chase this beautiful train.
Looks like someone gave the cars a good shove before they ever lined the switch. I certainly wouldn't have been "playing dispatch" before I had the info 100% confirmed. Even if that meant waiting to post what line it was running right up until when we actually saw it.

StrayWolf716
Railroadfan...fan

Nice work Railblazer, I must have been right beside you, or in close proximity there in Hamlet.

railblazer
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railblazer »

Thanks. I wouldn't doubt it, I was the big guy, it was amusing watching the crowd gather there like that. lol

StrayWolf716
Railroadfan...fan

railblazer wrote:Thanks. I wouldn't doubt it, I was the big guy, it was amusing watching the crowd gather there like that. lol
Ah yes, chatted with you for a minute. I arrived as you were getting set up. Sure was a photo line, there, and at my previous location, in Hanna lol. There was a crowd most everywhere along the way actually. Certainly was a pleasant chase along Old 30 through those little towns.

Nice meeting you, by the way.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

StrayWolf716 wrote:
conrailman75 wrote:The NS OCS train is leaving Chicago tomorrow morning around 9am(guessing EDT railroad time) and running the ex NKP Chicago and Fostoria Districts all the way to Bellevue, OH via Ft. Wayne, IN. Train is expected to get to Ft. Wayne by 2pm and should be in Bellevue by 5pm(my guess). 6/29, Wednesday, the train is running Bellevue down to Bucyrus, then getting on the CF&E and running them Bucyrus to Crestline before regaining NS rails to finish running east to Pittsburgh. Have no idea why the all CF&E route got torpedoed unfortunately. Good luck to all who go out and chase this beautiful train.
Looks like someone gave the cars a good shove before they ever lined the switch. I certainly wouldn't have been "playing dispatch" before I had the info 100% confirmed. Even if that meant waiting to post what line it was running right up until when we actually saw it.
Sorry guys, my source I got my information from is normally spot on and has been reliable in the past, so that's why I posted what I did because he said it was "confirmed" that it was running the ex NKP all the way today. I had to work so I missed seeing it and wasn't able to post any updates. He missed the boat big time and I will be sure to be more careful about any info I get from him in the future that is supposedly "confirmed" before posting it.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

bnsf8000
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bnsf8000 »

Do you suppose that NS maybe chose not to run the CFE between Fort Wayne and Bucyrus. There are various 25 mph slow orders on it. Here through Van Wert since they MOW'd it , it looks to be in pretty good shape. I would not want to be the hirail workers that hirailed the CFE and tell the bosses it was good to go and something happens. Not saying something would, but what if. Plus, they have the Bellevue terminal to park the OCS at being watched by NS. Just may have made more sense to them. At least it's running part of the CFE. And they already run trains on those parts of the CFE. I realize they have trackage on all of the CFE, but would you need permission to run where you do not currently use the trackage rights. Probably matters what the lease/merger agreement says. Just wondering about it. :?

PW