Ann Arbor Railroad Tracker

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
cmcw22
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Ann Arbor Railroad Tracker

Unread post by cmcw22 »

The Ann Arbor is going south through Ann Arbor with a grain train right now, power is 1337, 2368 and 2370.

cfriedri
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by cfriedri »

They set 2370 out at Pittsfield Junction with about 5-6 86' boxcars. There as of 8:30 p.m.
Connor

iKJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by iKJames »

The southbound AA cleared Detroit Ave a short bit before noon today.

They also had a few Cargill hoppers on the train, anyone happen to know where those would of come from? I've been seeing Cargill hoppers in the yard recently too.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

iKJames wrote:The southbound AA cleared Detroit Ave a short bit before noon today.

They also had a few Cargill hoppers on the train, anyone happen to know where those would of come from? I've been seeing Cargill hoppers in the yard recently too.
I heard they were loading Cargill covered hoppers and Shepherd. Shepherd usually ships smaller blocks while Middleton and Oakley usually ship 65-90 car blocks.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

iKJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by iKJames »

AARR wrote:I heard they were loading Cargill covered hoppers and Shepherd. Shepherd usually ships smaller blocks while Middleton and Oakley usually ship 65-90 car blocks.
Ah, nice to know. I thought for a moment they might of opened up a Cargill plant somewhere up north, but that makes more sense.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

iKJames wrote:
AARR wrote:I heard they were loading Cargill covered hoppers and Shepherd. Shepherd usually ships smaller blocks while Middleton and Oakley usually ship 65-90 car blocks.
Ah, nice to know. I thought for a moment they might of opened up a Cargill plant somewhere up north, but that makes more sense.
Michigan Agricultural Commodities is in Middleton
Auburn Bean and Grain is in Oakley (2 locations)
Brown Milling/Shepherd Elevator has places in Shepherd and Rosebush (Rosebush is called Rosebush Elevator unless that has changed)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

Ann Arbor is at Pittsfield junction.

"Ann Arbor 2368 calling watco Hallet tower over"
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

cfriedri
Railroadfan...fan

So they're calling it Watco Hallett Tower now? I guess Watco is slowly making its appearance on the Ann Arbor Railroad.
Connor

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Don't take it too seriously, its the same engineer that called for milkshake :lol: the quote when he did that is my signature

Another one of his "as always thank you for flying Ann Arbor railroad"

cfriedri
Railroadfan...fan

AA 2368 and 1337 tied down in Pittsfield facing north with a grain train @ 8:30 p.m.
Connor

iKJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by iKJames »

From Facebook, a few minutes ago: "Dont know why, but on my way to work at Willard, on Q015, I passed the WLE train from Toledo, and forth out was the AA 7802 heading toward Monroville."

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

where is that that the 7802 is headed? :? nor sure where Monroville is, or what direction it is either.

I just shot the 7802 hanging out in the yard yesterday

iKJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by iKJames »

That'd be the next town east of Bellevue. It's either going to LTEX in McDonald, OH or to the WLE Brewster Shops to the east. It's hard to say as it could go to either, if it was farther out there we'd be able to tell whether it was on CSX's line or past there. (which is how we'd tell what's happening!) If it's going to the Brewster shops, it'd be for contract work. From what I understand, it ended up going to Lang Yard to get put on a southbound WLE train between 12:45pm and 5:30pm and was reported still sitting on that WLE to go out at 6:15pm yesterday. Going based on this information, it'd of been a rare light engine move across CN's Manhattan Blvd crossing and the CN/CSX diamonds.

cfriedri
Railroadfan...fan

I'm quite interested to see how this turns out...
Connor

iKJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by iKJames »

As of this afternoon (about 1:30pm) - AA 7802 is still gone. One of the yellow units was in the shop, 1337 was sitting by some autoracks. Another yellow unit was switching some hoppers. And NS was in there getting ready to leave with a single SD40-2.

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Robertrains »

iKJames wrote:It's either going to LTEX in McDonald, OH or to the WLE Brewster Shops to the east.

I don't think it is going to LTEX! Last year when #7771 and 7791 were sold to Larry, the name/numbers were painted out! They were painted that way before leaving! Also, they were re-numbered! If 7802 wasn't like that,
I can only assume they still own it! I sure don't want to see the last old orange loco leave!!!!

Here's a shot (by Trey Holland) of those two sold at Larry's: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=3148550
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/

cfriedri
Railroadfan...fan

If the Brewster shops are equipped for rebuilding locomotives, I wouldn't be surprised if AA 7802 emerges as a WAMX locomotive.
Connor

iKJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by iKJames »

They are able to rebuild locomotives since WLE rebuilds their own there. In some other news, AA 7802 from what I just heard has returned looking the same way. They also paired it up with 2373 for the move back in to the yard too.

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Robertrains »

iKJames wrote:They are able to rebuild locomotives since WLE rebuilds their own there. In some other news, AA 7802 from what I just heard has returned looking the same way. They also paired it up with 2373 for the move back in to the yard too.

That sure was a quick trip there and back! What exactly was done? I'm sure glad it has returned!!!!
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/

iKJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by iKJames »

Robertrains wrote:
iKJames wrote:They are able to rebuild locomotives since WLE rebuilds their own there. In some other news, AA 7802 from what I just heard has returned looking the same way. They also paired it up with 2373 for the move back in to the yard too.

That sure was a quick trip there and back! What exactly was done? I'm sure glad it has returned!!!!
My exact thoughts too. Hopefully someone chimes in soon about what was done. This could also be a start for Watco actually wanting to preserve Ann Arbor's history too.