Ann Arbor Railroad Tracker

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: Ann Arbor Railroad Tracker

Unread post by Saturnalia »

I apologize for going off-topic, but I wonder if a webcam at the Ann Arbor Station is possible? If you point it at the right angle, couldn't you see the AA & AMTK?
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

cfriedri wrote:I don't think they interchanged last night. There was a train in Saline this morning and they ran up to Osmer after finishing the work in Saline. I'm pretty sure that the GLC just brought the traffic down last night and the AA went to pick it up this morning.
Did you say "this morning" again?!?! When did this activity take place? :D

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

MQT3001 wrote:I apologize for going off-topic, but I wonder if a webcam at the Ann Arbor Station is possible? If you point it at the right angle, couldn't you see the AA & AMTK?
I would see very little reason for a webcam at this location. I'll look it up, though.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

59caddy wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:I apologize for going off-topic, but I wonder if a webcam at the Ann Arbor Station is possible? If you point it at the right angle, couldn't you see the AA & AMTK?
I would see very little reason for a webcam at this location. I'll look it up, though.
Stick it up on the roof of the station, and bring up a live feed. Would give you guys nice warnings, would it not? IDK who owns the station, the city or AMTK?
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

In case you haven't seen it yet, here is a thread about a WALLY bi-level commuter car that will be on display in Ann Arbor this coming Friday evening: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27696
The thread is located in the Michigan Talk forum.

In short, a bi-level stainless steel passenger car for the future WALLY and MiTrain commuter rail services will be put on display in Ann Arbor for the Mayor's Green Fair this Friday, to raise public awareness about these commuter rail services. It will arrive in Ann Arbor on the AARR at about 5:00 pm, and will come south from Owosso on the GLC. The car will be put on display at the corner of 1st and William Streets in Ann Arbor, located here: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.27838 ... 1&t=m&z=18

8) 8)

cfriedri
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by cfriedri »

59caddy wrote:
cfriedri wrote:I don't think they interchanged last night. There was a train in Saline this morning and they ran up to Osmer after finishing the work in Saline. I'm pretty sure that the GLC just brought the traffic down last night and the AA went to pick it up this morning.
Did you say "this morning" again?!?! When did this activity take place? :D
I apologize - I guess I should be a bit more specific. The AA serviced Saline sometime around 6:00 am to 7:00 am. Same goes for last Wednesday.
Connor

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

It doesn't matter to me how early it was. I'm glad they're operating in the morning like this, I'll now be able to catch this job on more than just Sundays. :D

cfriedri
Railroadfan...fan

Well... AA was in Saline today around 9:30 am this morning. Sounded like an RS3L to me, so it was either 2373 and 2368 assuming 7802 no longer comes north.
Connor

cfriedri
Railroadfan...fan

There are two 86' boxcars that are making temporary residence in Pittsfield this evening. Based on what I've viewed in the past with regard to boxcars and Pittsfield, they'll probably be gone by 12:00 pm tomorrow, so be on the lookout.
Connor

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

Just heard that there's something NB at Morgan Rd, just north of Pitts. Jct.

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

60 hoppers going south, probably clearing Ann Arbor or Pittsfield Jct now. Loco #'s unknown, but there's three of them.

Several Family Lines and Cargill hoppers in the consist.

cfriedri
Railroadfan...fan

Oh Wednesdays... :D
Connor

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

cfriedri wrote:Oh Wednesdays... :D
What about them? They seem to run in daylight on Wednesdays?

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

AA is at Pittsfield
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

cfriedri
Railroadfan...fan

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:AA is at Pittsfield
They dropped a significant number of 86' boxcars in Saline. It went from three boxcars yesterday afternoon to 20-30 boxcars today.
Connor

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

cfriedri wrote:
YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:AA is at Pittsfield
They dropped a significant number of 86' boxcars in Saline. It went from three boxcars yesterday afternoon to 20-30 boxcars today.
I think the preferred operating pattern is to stock up on mty's rather than bring in a few at a time. The sidings in Saline are often packed full.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

They use to always be used for storage, but makes sense to bring in 20-30 Emptys a week and take out 3 or so a day eight the road train... IIRC the plant has a track mobile to move the cars....

JDavis21835
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JDavis21835 »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:They use to always be used for storage, but makes sense to bring in 20-30 Emptys a week and take out 3 or so a day eight the road train... IIRC the plant has a track mobile to move the cars....
I have done a significant amount of work in a plant in Saline. I have never seen a track mobile in the plant. That doesnt mean much though.

Also, some of the word on the street is do not count on much traffic in and out of the plant in the future

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

JDavis21835 wrote:
YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:They use to always be used for storage, but makes sense to bring in 20-30 Emptys a week and take out 3 or so a day eight the road train... IIRC the plant has a track mobile to move the cars....
I have done a significant amount of work in a plant in Saline. I have never seen a track mobile in the plant. That doesnt mean much though.

Also, some of the word on the street is do not count on much traffic in and out of the plant in the future
I'm not aware of a track mobile either.

Unfortunately it doesn't surprise me if this plant goes exclusively to trucks :(
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Hmmm for some reason I thought they did.. That would stink.. And also mean that the tracks would probably be used for storage again :(

If they stopped needing to switch the plant in the evening, would the road train need to stop at pittsfield and make a crew change? I've been told before (I believe :lol: ) that when they stop at Pittsfield they head back down to Toledo and a new crew comes up.. (Or this all could be something crazy that I came up with in my head :lol: )

Could they do the run to osmer and back with no stoops or crew change is basically the question